Ota update

iguanad

Reaction score
Do you remember the confidentially agreement you signed and was reminded of when the email gave you the private site to login and share your observations? Does you word mean anything?

First of all JP, I agree with you and understand where you are coming from. However you just basically told us that you are in the soak test yourself by sharing knowledge of a certain email and site that none of us had knowledge of.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

MaXGTS

Reaction score
You guys are acting like he works for the CIA and revealed top secret plans for a new stealth fighter. Relax and lighten up. It's just a cellphone update.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
First of all JP, I agree with you and understand where you are coming from. However you just basically told us that you are in the soak test yourself by sharing knowledge of a certain email and site that none of us had knowledge of.

Well, not exactly. I've participated in past soak so I know the process. The soak is a good deal for us users...and there are a number of very legitimate reasons why Moto in this case, ask the tester to be confidential and not discuss it while it is going on. I just hate to see us users screw it up. We could discuss (debate) all day about the personal integrity thing and I really didn't intend to make it the focus of my comment.

iguanad

Reaction score
Well, not exactly. I've participated in past soak so I know the process. The soak is a good deal for us users...and there are a number of very legitimate reasons why Moto in this case, ask the tester to be confidential and not discuss it while it is going on. I just hate to see us users screw it up. We could discuss (debate) all day about the personal integrity thing and I really didn't intend to make it the focus of my comment.

Understood. Although it appeared to clearly be the focus of your comment. It is a good point that leaks of information might screw things up for everybody else.

jrpbulk

Reaction score
@Ig

Maybe JP was once part of the feedback volunteers and knows what they ask for or maybe he is part of the feedback volunteers and is not dong the soak test or this or that. Admitting or sharing that you are part of the volunteer feedback network is irrelevant anyone can ask to join, even you.

We all make mistakes and perhaps the OP now knows that and that is why he hasn't posted his actual observations.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Do you remember the confidentially agreement you signed and was reminded of when the email gave you the private site to login and share your observations? Does you word mean anything?

Because we all know corporations are always true to their word and always have the best interests of the consumer in mind.:icon_rolleyes:

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Because we all know corporations are always true to their word and always have the best interests of the consumer in mind.:icon_rolleyes:

Human beings are fallible.
Corporations are run by human beings.

Therefore corporations are fallible.

rdgxray

Reaction score
I know all the soak test information is confidential, but I appreciate that someone lets the forums know one has started. We all then know an update should be rolling out to the rest of us in a week or two. Thank you for this important "secret" information.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Damn, let's not go down that road.

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
i know there is debate on is it "ethical" or not to release this info. Probably not since the email apparently says to keep it on the down low.... but i dont care who says what.... i am just excited for a new update. I love updates. From what i have read it seems that moto did quite a bit with this update like fixed the 4g radios, improved battery life, new camera enhancements , new icons and settings now has color icons.... im looking forward to them rolling this out....seems like it will only make our razr's more awesome.

Reaction score
As I mentioned on the first page of this thread, the disk test was pushed a week or more ago. The official update is being pushed. So there are no confidentiality problems with people posting . I am not a party of the soak test but got the official ota.

Trash Can

Reaction score
As I mentioned on the first page of this thread, the disk test was pushed a week or more ago. The official update is being pushed. So there are no confidentiality problems with people posting . I am not a party of the soak test but got the official ota.

Was it pushed to you or did you pull it? I'm still not able to download it.