Jelly bean update

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its over 25 minutes now... closer to 30 and no change in the utility ( it still sez "writing 'system' ")

Getting worried, should I be??

As long as it doesn't give an error let it do it's thing ... your mileage may vary :)

gerland

Reaction score
?any hope??

Depending on what model phone you have, there are tools. For the XT-912, information is below.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/216562-droid-razr-utility-1-8-a.html is what you need, but the actual file you need to download is Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only - DroidRzr.com if you are going back to .211. I don't know of a .182 roll-back method.
Sir, is there any hope for those of us Dumb enuff too forget too Protect root when we made the upgrade too JB on our XT912 Razrs or am i forever stuck in NO-ROOTLAND!! Thanks.

yaterml

Reaction score
It worked until I rebooted my phone now it ways not supported on 3rd party home screens.

dmilota

Reaction score
When you say you tried the update, do you mean Over the Air, or via side-loading?

I downloaded it from the link in this thread, and installed by booting into recovery and selecting install update from SD

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Sir, is there any hope for those of us Dumb enuff too forget too Protect root when we made the upgrade too JB on our XT912 Razrs or am i forever stuck in NO-ROOTLAND!! Thanks.

No, you and I are BOTH stuck in NO-ROOTLAND. :mad:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Willheis

Reaction score
Noob question here, but do you have to download the update from a computer and then transfer it over to the SD card then do the reboot and all? When I open the link on my phone its saying the website is down. Thanks!

Geodroid

Reaction score
You'll have to charge it up and try again ... never start any kind of upgrade unless you have a minimum of 70% battery ... a full charge is even better. :)

I was at 90% when I started. And how do I recharge it??