OTA notification...how to save to SD card instead.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
As noted, both my wife and I received OTA notifications, but would prefer to route these to our SD cards for future installation.
I looked at several pages here, and could not locate a topic that mentions this specifically.

Aside from using Android/Linux commands to point to a specific file location, such as /sdcard/temp/ota, I would like to know if these OTAs can be pulled, then pushed to a separate file BEFORE being run on the phone.
No joy finding workable solutions, but do not wish to tinker with an OTA update that is not of our choosing, and would prefer being able to store it until we decide when and how to proceed.

Thanks for any help on this matter..
DSCF0905.JPG

OP
AECRADIO

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
@AECRADIO
I have a bad display on this phone, but have started to get it ready for the repair, but the update is more concern at the moment, I am tired of taping the 'Install later' menu button on both of our phones.

OP
AECRADIO

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Actually, if I knew the file location of this OTA, I could probably perform the transfer, but before I attempt such a task, I would like to know the location these OTAs are saved at, so I can go directly to that location and direct it to my SD card before performing the actual update.

Thanks again!

chrismart07

Reaction score
You go to files on your apps and touch sd card and scrool down to OTA-updater go to downloads it shoul be there. Then i gess u just delete it and then wen u want to get the update just go to settings-->
About phone->system update

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
update is stored in /cache
to stop updates
Rename /system/app/BlurUpdater_VZW.apk to BlurUpdater_VZW.apk.bak.
Rename /system/app/BlurUpdater_VZW.odex to
BlurUpdater_VZW.odex.bak.

reboot, wipe cache

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2

OP
AECRADIO

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Thanks!
I now have the location of where and how these updates are stored, and I performed the alteration to stop them on both of our phones.
I renamed the path; system/app/BlurUpdater_VZW.odex.bak, so we should never be bothered again, as suggested.

Good thing I have this need to write everything down and file it, my notes are growing!
Being new to the software side of the radio business, has given me a new outlook on the field, and I have decided to take the leap into working with the software, and have purchased books and downloaded the entire adt software bundle that is readily available, and have dual boot on this laptop with Ubuntu and Win-7. This is getting interesting!

I love a challenge, and have found it, here, in the Android forums!
*Addictions are great when you can control them*
All I wish for, is a faster internet speed.
And this shot is why I document everything...
DSCF0924.JPG
My insane need to know drives most people crazy, and this is where I live.