OTA GB here!

Astaroth

Reaction score
this update is a trainwreck. keeps switching itself back to Global mode and killing my battery life. is there any way to just force it into CDMA only? some kind of patch?

google123

Reaction score
this update is a trainwreck. keeps switching itself back to Global mode and killing my battery life. is there any way to just force it into CDMA only? some kind of patch?

When I had my Pro, I accessed the hidden programming menu and I think I remember an option in there somewhere regarding EvDO and CDMA. Maybe try that out and see if it makes a difference. Go to stock dialer and dial ##PROGRAM and hit send. The password is 000000 (six zeroes). Be careful with that menu, not responsible for your device. :D

jhumbo

Reaction score

I physically removed the SIM and inserted in backwards. That way it is there if I ever need to go to Global, but the phone if forced to be in CDMA only until I physically switch it back around.

Astaroth

Reaction score
I physically removed the SIM and inserted in backwards. That way it is there if I ever need to go to Global, but the phone if forced to be in CDMA only until I physically switch it back around.

Oh nice, that's quite a simple fix. Thanks!

Astaroth

Reaction score
This is really strange but I cannot send texts if i remove my SIM card. It says "Text message not sent" even if I try to resend it. If I restart with the SIM card properly installed, texting works again. I am in CDMA mode the whole time.

dtwalters

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the slider is gone after you touch the top on off button, or have I changed some setting and turned it off?

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

Timar99

Reaction score
what's the slider?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

dtwalters

Reaction score
You know, when you press the top button and then a screen appears where you have to slide your finger from right to left on the screen to open the home page.

Astaroth

Reaction score
You mean the unlock screen... works fine for me. You must have disabled it, it's a setting.

Timar99

Reaction score
yeah i'm good on mine too.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Astaroth

Reaction score
Where is the setting found?

Actually, never mind, the option is to disable lock screen security, you should always be getting the lock screen unless you've rooted and installed something that disables it. I think. Anyone?

dtwalters

Reaction score
I'm not rooted, I've got a stock Pro with OTA Gingerbread.

Astaroth

Reaction score
I'm not rooted, I've got a stock Pro with OTA Gingerbread.

This might sound obvious, but have you tried a battery pull reset?

Other than that, I have no idea. My lock screen works just fine and I haven't seen the issue reported by anyone else.