OTA GB here!

michaelph23

Reaction score
If you want to install the original software, you'll need to flash the SBF. It will actually be the quickest way to get things going probably (especially since you're not exactly sure what apps you need, and given that it's a Saturday night so you might have to wait awhile for anyone to post any of them). It's a very quick and easy process (as long as you follow the instructions exactly). After you flash it, do a factory reset, and your phone will be back to it's original state:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-pro/112314-official-droid-pro-sbf-tbh.html

well, I did everything, but as I see the version of this software is older then the version I had [2.2 vs 2.2.1]. and now the update is to a newer version but not the 4.8.6. maybe it's all about the process, and I need to update twice. anyway thx for the help. I have managed to do everything right.

Thx a lot

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
well, I did everything, but as I see the version of this software is older then the version I had [2.2 vs 2.2.1]. and now the update is to a newer version but not the 4.8.6. maybe it's all about the process, and I need to update twice. anyway thx for the help. I have managed to do everything right.

Thx a lot

Correct. There is no SBF for the most recent OTA update, or even for the last OTA update. This is an older build of the software, but it's a safety net for any problems that arise. I believe this SBF is from an update that came out around the beginning of the year. Then there was another update around April. So yes, you should have two updates after flashing the SBF. The second one should be the recent Gingerbread update. It's a bit of a pain to have to apply two updates after flashing, but at least the option is there to be able to recover a phone with it.

michaelph23

Reaction score
Correct. There is no SBF for the most recent OTA update, or even for the last OTA update. This is an older build of the software, but it's a safety net for any problems that arise. I believe this SBF is from an update that came out around the beginning of the year. Then there was another update around April. So yes, you should have two updates after flashing the SBF. The second one should be the recent Gingerbread update. It's a bit of a pain to have to apply two updates after flashing, but at least the option is there to be able to recover a phone with it.

Just finished the last update. Looks ok. Thx everyone.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
If you want to install the original software, you'll need to flash the SBF. It will actually be the quickest way to get things going probably (especially since you're not exactly sure what apps you need, and given that it's a Saturday night so you might have to wait awhile for anyone to post any of them). It's a very quick and easy process (as long as you follow the instructions exactly). After you flash it, do a factory reset, and your phone will be back to it's original state:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-pro/112314-official-droid-pro-sbf-tbh.html

It's late, bsweetness has a better idea...sbf for sure.

abce

Reaction score
could some one put the update on megaupload or other place to download it plz

thanks !!!

Just got the update OTA. Now showing version 2.3.3.
No report yet on performance.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

nailbomb3

Reaction score
could some one put the update on megaupload or other place to download it plz

thanks !!!

I concur, that would be most useful.

My sister has a Pro and I've checked several times over the last few days to see if I can pull the OTA, and its not showing up. I figured I could
just update.zip it in stock recovery.

frpst9

Reaction score
Two points/items:

1. I have a copy of the GB OTA that I grabbed from /cache - I can upload somewhere if there's interest
2. The update is failing for me. If I try to update in stock recovery (after renaming update.zip), I get the following error:

assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/app/CityID.apk", "long series of numbers", "long series of numbers") E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted.

I had previously uninstalled CityID.apk, but restored it via a Titanium Backup that I took prior to removal, so the file is there. Any additional help on this would be great.

chrisc2u

Reaction score
Two points/items:

1. I have a copy of the GB OTA that I grabbed from /cache - I can upload somewhere if there's interest
2. The update is failing for me. If I try to update in stock recovery (after renaming update.zip), I get the following error:

assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/app/CityID.apk", "long series of numbers", "long series of numbers") E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted.

I had previously uninstalled CityID.apk, but restored it via a Titanium Backup that I took prior to removal, so the file is there. Any additional help on this would be great.

It would be much appreciated if you would upload the GB update.zip. My brother and I are still waiting for the OTA. I will let you know if I get the same error so you can rule out a corrupted install. Thanks in advance.

chaihg

Reaction score
Two points/items:

U cannot push files and then update. Flash the sbf and then apply update. Motorola is smarter than u and knows that u already tampered with its system apks.

chaihg

Reaction score
I too have the update file. I will upload it in few hours and share it.

frpst9

Reaction score
As a follow up, can someone upload a copy of their /system/bin/logwrapper from 2.2.1? I suspect that mine is tainted, and causing the upgrade to be haulted. Thanks in advance!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Here is the Droid Pro GB OTA file (Blur_Version.3.8.7.XT610.Verizon.en.US.zip):
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

By the way, I was able to get past the CityID.apk error, by renaming the file properly. I now get a similar error "assert failed: /system/bin/logwrapper". Not sure on that one...

If the link you posted is indeed for 3.8.7, that's the last Froyo update from back in April. The Gingerbread update is 4.6.8.