OTA GB here!

frpst9

Reaction score
My apologies. I'll edit the post. Apparently the GB hasn't hit my phone. Still having the same issue with the logwrapper though. If someone has a good copy of the file, it would be much appreciated.

frpst9

Reaction score
If you compare the file posted in the CM7 post for 4.6.8, to the one I posted, they are identical in size and contents. Not sure if both are valid or neither, since the update doesn't work on my phone.

chrisc2u

Reaction score
If you compare the file posted in the CM7 post for 4.6.8, to the one I posted, they are identical in size and contents. Not sure if both are valid or neither, since the update doesn't work on my phone.

I just used both of the files in the CM7 post. Here are the steps I followed to update to 4.6.8 successfully.

I downloaded RSDlite 4.9 with Driver found Droid Pro SBF File (2.26.20) Full and RSDLite
Downloaded the 3.8.7 and the 4.6.8 from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-pro-roms/175390-new-cyanogenmod-7-gingerbread-kernel-22.html#post1790328
I
renamed the 4.6.8 to update.zip and moved to the root folder on my Droid Pro (this was important later)
Move 3.8.7 to the root of your computer drive (C:\)
I ran RSDlite and updated to 3.8.7 using the "While phone is off" instructions on my first link (RSDlite download)
Got stuck in a bootloop after the update
Booted into recovery mode on the Droid Pro (Turn phone off, then Hold down Power + R + M until you get to the yellow exclamation point)
Ran the update.zip (4.6.8 update)
Booted successfully (*228 to reactivate on Verizon network)

Up and running the latest 2.3.3 4.6.8 now. Thanks everyone.

frpst9

Reaction score
I just used both of the files in the CM7 post. Here are the steps I followed to update to 4.6.8 successfully.

I downloaded RSDlite 4.9 with Driver found Droid Pro SBF File (2.26.20) Full and RSDLite
Downloaded the 3.8.7 and the 4.6.8 from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-pro-roms/175390-new-cyanogenmod-7-gingerbread-kernel-22.html#post1790328
I
renamed the 4.6.8 to update.zip and moved to the root folder on my Droid Pro (this was important later)
Move 3.8.7 to the root of your computer drive (C:\)
I ran RSDlite and updated to 3.8.7 using the "While phone is off" instructions on my first link (RSDlite download)
Got stuck in a bootloop after the update
Booted into recovery mode on the Droid Pro (Turn phone off, then Hold down Power + R + M until you get to the yellow exclamation point)
Ran the update.zip (4.6.8 update)
Booted successfully (*228 to reactivate on Verizon network)

Up and running the latest 2.3.3 4.6.8 now. Thanks everyone.

To be clear, you don't use the 2.26 SBF file from the first link at all, correct? You just use the 3.8.7 SBF and the 4.6.8 update.zip from the 2nd link?

I've been trying to avoid SBF, since its my wife's device and I'd like to avoid a full rebuild (despite Titanium Backups), but it looks like that is not an option. Thanks for the directions.

chrisc2u

Reaction score
To be clear, you don't use the 2.26 SBF file from the first link at all, correct? You just use the 3.8.7 SBF and the 4.6.8 update.zip from the 2nd link?

I've been trying to avoid SBF, since its my wife's device and I'd like to avoid a full rebuild (despite Titanium Backups), but it looks like that is not an option. Thanks for the directions.

Correct, you should not use the 2.26 SBF on my first link, only RSDlite and the Motorola driver. The SBF and the method I used will not wipe the user data, it will only update the OS. Make sure to move the 4.6.8 (rename to update.zip) to your phone before starting the 3.8.7 SBF update using RSDlite. This will enable you to power off and then use recovery mode to run the update to 4.6.8. This helped me as the 3.8.7 sent me into a boot loop and the 4.6.8 update in recovery mode loaded and booted successfully.

Make sure to move the 3.8.7 to the root (C drive) or you may get a greyed out Start button in RSDlite.

Also, Make sure to *228 to reactivate (Verizon). If you don't, you will not have data service and will see a blue triangle in the notification bar.

Last edited:

frpst9

Reaction score
Correct, you should not use the 2.26 SBF on my first link, only RSDlite and the Motorola driver. The SBF and the method I used will not wipe the user data, it will only update the OS. Make sure to move the 4.6.8 (rename to update.zip) to your phone before starting the 3.8.7 SBF update using RSDlite. This will enable you to power off and then use recovery mode to run the update to 4.6.8. This helped me as the 3.8.7 sent me into a boot loop and the 4.6.8 update in recovery mode loaded and booted successfully.

Make sure to move the 3.8.7 to the root (C drive) or you may get a greyed out Start button in RSDlite.

Also, Make sure to *228 to reactivate (Verizon). If you don't, you will not have data service and will see a blue triangle in the notification bar.

Thanks much. I didn't realize you could SBF while keeping user data. I assumed it was a full wipe.

chaihg

Reaction score
I am not able to root the recent update with motorola one click root. Any luck with anyone.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

theory87

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to compare this OTA with the leaked or limited-release or whatever update from a couple months ago? I am wondering if it's worth the trouble to sbf, etc., since my phone is doing just fine with said update. Thanks.

Astaroth

Reaction score
Another issue: my keyboard backlight will sometimes just turn off even if I only just woke up the phone a few seconds before, or even if I am actually typing at the time.

imbatman58

Reaction score
same here... I feel like there is a reason it does this and we just don't know it? It only does it sometimes... I wonder if it's related to the automatic screen brightness? kills the lights if it senses you are in a bright room? Thoughts?

Astaroth

Reaction score
I don't have automatic brightness on. I also have pocket detection disabled. Seems to do it randomly and is probably a bug.

google123

Reaction score
The backlight problem was also in the GB build that was leaked a while back. Seems Motorola didn't clear all the bugs.

WhoDat

Reaction score
I am not able to root the recent update with motorola one click root. Any luck with anyone.

Any LUCK? I am having NO Luck with the one click I have ran this twice and still have no root access as I did two days ago before this update that I did not ask for.

Timar99

Reaction score
when I was running 2.2 I had no keyboard light issues and was using auto brightness...as I type this my keyboard light goes out with the update, never did with froyo. now if I turn the light in this room off and then back on the keyboard light comes on for a few seconds then cuts out again. will motorola have to run another update to fix this?