GB 2.3.3 only?

whoiswct

Reaction score
GB 2.3.3 only? (Talking about droid pro)

The latest version is 2.3.3?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
whoiswct

whoiswct

Reaction score
Is it available for droid pro?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
The latest version is 2.3.3?

If you're talking about the Motorola Droid Pro only, then there is no "OFFICIAL" version of Gingerbread for the Pro. The only "OFFICIAL" OS for the Pro is Froyo. However, there are two versions of Gingerbread available for install on the Pro, but they are not "OFFICIAL". A non-root version is 2.3.3 which was "captured" during the attempt by Verizon to OTA update the Pro to Gingerbread back in May/June. The OTA update was pulled after a few days...speculation is that it was pulled because the Droid X OTA update, taking place at the same time, had significant problems and was pulled along with the Pro OTA update to Gingerbread. To date there has not been an official Verizon OTA Gingerbread update for the Pro.

That said, Gingerbread 2.3.3 is available for the Pro and a rooted version is available at TBH. The non-rooted version (2.3.3) can be found on this forum along with instruction on how to install it. Many forum members have installed 2.3.3 with great success. Go to Team Black Hat (TBH) for the rooted version.

OP
whoiswct

whoiswct

Reaction score
Thanks for info.

Is there any known bug in the mentioned 2.3.3 version?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Thanks for info.

Not that I am aware of, but it is hard to tell. There have been a few who claimed that the Gingerbread 2.3.3 install created problems for them and SBF'd back to Froyo. It's hard to tell if there was a problem with their install process or if they have 3rd party software on the phone that is creating whatever problem they report. There are far more instances/reports of Pro owners who have installed the non-root and root version and report great success. I don't keep up with the root version very much, but the non root version seems to work without any problems for a large majority of users. Improvements include/reported are: better battery life, smoother operations, faster and other small improvements to include different color notification bar etc. etc. I am running the non root version with LauncherPro + and love it...absolutely no problems at all.

Verizon is suppose to provide an OTA update to Gingerbread before the end of the 3rd quarter...which is only a few days away. Who knows when it will really happen, or if it will ever happen. If you are thinking about putting Gingerbread on your Pro I'd wait a week or so and see what Verizon does. It's always better to use an "offcial" update when possible. Your call.

Last edited:
OP
whoiswct

whoiswct

Reaction score
Actually I am using the so-called OTA update GB 2.3.3 ver with Pete's root tool. So far so good but just want to see if there is 2.3.4 update.

P.S. im waiting for moto pro+.

Sent from my DROID Pro

rbw62

Reaction score
Running GB 2.3.4, 2.11.605.2, ota will be 2.11.605.3
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

blackra1ner96

Reaction score
Thanks for info.

I have had 2.3.3 for about a month now and so far no bugs. The only thing i have seen in the past month is that it can get slow once in a while but the best fix for that is Advance Task Killer PRO which i got for free on 4Shared :)

blackra1ner96

Reaction score
Hey guys im on 2.3.3 right now and i was wondering if i update to a higher version with the update.zip file will i still be able to root???