Original Droid Not Syncing Emails All of the Time

GadgetRick

Reaction score
I have an OG, which has worked fine--until now. It's not syncing my email (Gmail) regularly. Sometimes it's doing it but, most of the time, it's not. I have to manually refresh.

I've removed the battery, etc. Tried turning sync off then back on and nothing seems to help.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
when was the last time u cleared cache on ur gmail? sometimes i i receive so many emails that nit takes up a lot of data so i clear cache and restart, works ok for me. but not saying its a solution, but worth a shot

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
when was the last time u cleared cache on ur gmail? sometimes i i receive so many emails that nit takes up a lot of data so i clear cache and restart, works ok for me. but not saying its a solution, but worth a shot
I actually clear the cache quite frequently. If I don't the Droid slows to a crawl...

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can clear the data also, and just let it resync completely.

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
You can clear the data also, and just let it resync completely.
Only problem is it's not syncing like it should. I know I can force it to sync but something is stopping it from syncing. It just stopped last week. It still does it occasionally but mostly, it just doesn't sync.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah thats what i mean though...its happened to me before too...if you go into your settings>applications and find gmail, select it and clear cache and data within the gmail app itself. then the phone will resync it automatically and it'll fix it...

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I had a problem recently (after restoring from a clockwork backup) where my gmail would sync, but only in one direction. If I used my phone to mark an email as "read" or delete an email, the changes would not be reflected on the internet gmail (and consequently in Outlook). However, if I used outlook or the web to check gmail, the changes would be show up on my phone. After some exploring and frustration, I finally cleared data & cache in the gmail app and voila, everything works perfectly again!

jssmith76

Reaction score
Gmail stopped synching for me today as well. Even if I hit the refresh button, it doesn't synchronization. I'm thinking there might be a problem with the servers maybe.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Gmail stopped synching for me today as well. Even if I hit the refresh button, it doesn't synchronization. I'm thinking there might be a problem with the servers maybe.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Not servers in my case. It syncs fine when I force it to. Just won't do it automatically. Getting frustrated...

cms5423

Reaction score
If you have a low memory notification, this seems to interfere with gmail syncing. If this is the case, try clearing up some internal memory and things should start working again

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
If you have a low memory notification, this seems to interfere with gmail syncing. If this is the case, try clearing up some internal memory and things should start working again
Haven't had any low memory notifications. However, how would I clear internal memory? I already move all apps I can to SD card and there isn't a whole lot left on the internal memory as far as apps. I don't store anything on my Droid (no music but I do have photos taken with the phone).

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Internal memory is used not only by apps (whether in internal memory or on SD) but cache and data as well. Check your free internal memory first. For some reason, people frequently overlook data.