Gmail stopped Syncing

Goad

Reaction score
My gmail stopped syncing. I get new emails, but they arent showing up on the phone. I have to manually sync to get them, its not automatically doing it.

I checked all my settings....turned sync off and then back on...rebooted the phone...etc.....any suggestions? anyone else having this problem?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't use a task killer and

phone settings > Applications > Manage applications > menu > filter > all > Gmail storage > clear data

jessphotos

Reaction score
Did that fix the problem permanently for you? I tried the same fix last night. But then it went back to not updating automatically anymore. :(

Jess

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Doublecheck all settings to make sure sync is on for your account, do not kill tasks or services, reboot, consider decreasing number of sync days in gmail app settings > Labels. Perhaps only sync inbox and sent items labels. Clear gmail storage data (not the same as gmail cache)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

jessphotos

Reaction score
@aminaked Thank you! I made the following changes after reading your post yesterday. And Gmail is syncing OK since then so far.

1) Decreased the # of days from three to two.
2) Rebooted

Below is more information for other people having the same issues:

Previously I had:

- Cleared Data from "Gmail Storage" and "Gmail"

Also, I confirmed that:

- Only INBOX and SENT are the only labels being synchronized.

Thanks again!

Jess

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're welcome, I'm glad it worked. A couple notes:

- usually clearing "Gmail Storage" data is all that is necessary (as opposed to Gmail cache)
- sending attachments via the gmail app may cause this type of thing. Actually, maybe a lot of stuff can cause this. Do a google search for droid manual sync and you'll see lots of problems/solutions. Personally, I only send email with attachments through K9 and my non-gmail POP3 account