Organizing the Droid

w0lfinator

Reaction score
I am a neat freak.. Is there a way to organize the Droid 'Program menu'(the pull up screen).

Is it possible to add folders to that screen that you could put alike apps in?

Stigy

Reaction score
The stock Launcher app does not allow you to do this.

This might be a feature in one of the home replacement apps (openHome, dxTop, FreshFace). So I would check those out to see if they have the features you are looking for.

On my G1 someone had created a Launcher that did this, but the phone needs to be rooted to allow to install.

lowtech

Reaction score
Under stettings, hit Add/Folders/New Folder. It will place an empy folder on whichever home screen you are on at that time. Click on the folder and then on the title bar, to name it whatever you want. I have put several folders on my home screen and put various shortcuts in them (ie: Travel, with Maps, Where, Locale, Traffic.com link, etc.) Really nice organization!

harpua

Reaction score
that is all good and well..i like the idea of putting similar programs in their select folders, but the program icon remains in the "pullup" section. weak.

just a matter of time til we can get root access and then close to full customization will be within reach!

i love my droid. this forum is going to be amazing.

lowtech

Reaction score
Somehow that doesn't bother me... out of sight... etc. :)

I love my Droid too - and this forum is great - lucky us!!

that is all good and well..i like the idea of putting similar programs in their select folders, but the program icon remains in the "pullup" section. weak.

just a matter of time til we can get root access and then close to full customization will be within reach!

i love my droid. this forum is going to be amazing.