Order the Droid X from Best Buy: Avoid Mail in Rebate!

brianr0131

Reaction score
I always order on VZW site. You get instant rebate that way and you also have VZWs great return policy etc.

If you have an issue with the phone you pretty much call them up and troubleshoot for a few min then they overnight you a new phone.

Also on VZW site use code FREEOVERNT (I think that's what it is) for free overnight shipping.

Can't beat that IMO

I would never buy through a 3rd party but, that's just me.

Warner

Reaction score
I always order on VZW site. You get instant rebate that way and you also have VZWs great return policy etc.

If you have an issue with the phone you pretty much call them up and troubleshoot for a few min then they overnight you a new phone.

Also on VZW site use code FREEOVERNT (I think that's what it is) for free overnight shipping.

Can't beat that IMO

I would have done that.....except Verizon is not taking any pre-orders yet. Maybe they will at some point, but as far as I have been able to find, they aren't now.

Warner

lschmitt

Reaction score
There is nothing on the BB site about pre-ordering the Droid X. I just spent about 30 minutes looking and Googling to no avail. Hopefully someone will put up a link if this is truly happening.........or maybe it's all a hoax. Please let it be the first!!

freeskier44

Reaction score
I bought my Droid on the 20th (using the New every 2) for $100 at Best Buy. I know they mentioned something about a new phone in the next 30 days that i can exchange it for that, no restocking fee, ect. Anyone else confirm that i heard that right? I'm gonna give them a call in the morning so i can hopefully pre-order it.

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
Confirmed you can pre-order the Droid X from Best Buy. I just did it earlier tonight at the Best Buy in Bellevue, WA; you have to go into their store to do it, though. You pay $50 they give you a $50 gift card you use when you come pick it up, and you pay the extra $150 then.

kxs783kms

Reaction score
Pre-ordered mines today, as I was the first also. Adding a new line and I'm going to cancel my Droid line since it's under the old ETF agreement. So basically, it's like I'm paying the one year upgrade price.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had nothing but bad experiences at Best Buy over the years. I won't enter another Best Buy for the rest of my life.

brealmore

Reaction score
Got on the BB Pre-order list this morning. They were setting up a whole station just for the X when I walked in. I was first to pre-order at this store in Santa Monica, CA. YOu can't pre-order anyplace else yet.

thekoopa

Reaction score
Preordered mine last night from the bestbuy in Santa Maria, CA. They kept they're preorder forms in a binder with iphone 4 ones. probably had about 30 sheets in it.

gar

Reaction score
How well is BestBuy's return, exchange, and repair policies? Also, how are they compared to Verizon's? Just wondering because I still haven't decided between the Droid X, Droid 2, and/or whatever new Droid is coming out this fall.

brianr0131

Reaction score

Can't beat that IMO

I would have done that.....except Verizon is not taking any pre-orders yet. Maybe they will at some point, but as far as I have been able to find, they aren't now.

Warner

What's the big thing about pre-ordering? You can get it overnighted from VZW so you'd have to wait an extra day or so. That's it.

Also, this is Motorola here, not HTC they will be properly stocked all over. The Droid was a hugely anticipated item and I didn't hear of anyone having a hard time getting one.

I would wait a week before I'd order from BB or Wirefly or Amazon or Walmart.

Use VZW online....you'll thank me later.

OP
F

FknTwizted

yeah dont worry about your local guys, you know the ones that buy from your companies.... when you buy from the big boxes and online you just take money out of your community.,.. just dont ***** when that local guy doesnt buy from you cause he is out of a job and then guess what... if they dont buy from you then you dont have a job and then that leaves everybody with a sweet phone and now way to pay for it.. Keep it local guys its only 2 weeks you wait for a rebate.