Open Home/Panda- Seems to complicated

Audiophobe

Reaction score
I may be wrong but I tried Open Home and Panda because I simply wanted more home pages, that's it and when downloaded them I didn't understand what to do and each seemed to do things that I wasn't sure about.
All I want is more than the 3 home screens that the Droid comes with. Am I missing something or are these 2 apps doing more than just simply adding pages?

Randomocity

Reaction score
Yes, both apps do quite a bit more than just adding home pages. They both have sidebar features, which i find incredibly useful. Panda has the ability to hide icons like VVM or amazon MP3, which i personally love, as well as the ability to have up to 7 screens. They're both also used for theme managers, which can be very cool. Panda, (which btw, is my home replacement of choice) also has the ability to shake the phone to change backgrounds, and a quick menu to quickly delete your applications and such.

I love it, but YMMV.

Ted

Reaction score
I'd like to know, too. I want nothing extra - just a desktop that is five pages wide instead of three.

Luxferro

Reaction score
Just put some time into playing around with any of the 3rd party home apps, and you'll figure it out. It's not too hard.

Utzz

Reaction score
I use dxTop but it only has 4 pages instead of 3. The nice thing is that you can get to any of the 4 with only 1 swipe. It also corrects the auto-landscape 'bug' for the homescreens, which was something I needed, especially when mounted in my car. It also adds a 'take screenshot' function, which I couldn't believe wasn't included as a default function of the phone.

Utzz

Reaction score
Umm...dxTop the application. There's only one. There are a lot of dxTop "themes", which require dxTop. It's located towards the bottom if you search for "dxTop".

DroidxRage

Reaction score
OpenHome is the simplest home replacement. Not much customization besides themes/skins. Also it takes the 6 apps from the OEM home page (phone, contact, market, browser, contacts, map) and puts them in a FAVORITES side dock that can be accessed from any of the 3-7 screens, leaving you with more real estate for other things. Obviously you can still add those shortcuts back to your home screen or otherwise, its just a handy place to have them.

I'll be removing OpenHome because it's not as customizable as the alternatives, FWIW.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
There is a huge thread on Home Screen Replacements under the Applications Forum.

OP
A

Audiophobe

Reaction score
I guess I am being lazy. I'll try again I suppose.
Do either of these apps save your old homepages or do you start from scrath?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Ummm. DxTop WHAT??! They have like 40 different apps!! ;-)

Search for "dxTop home alternative" (without the quotes) and it should come up. There is a free demo version and a pay version.