Panda Home = Fail or User error?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I downloaded Panda Home basically because Cereal Killer and others gave it a good recommendation. At first I was impressed but then I noticed my power widgets were gone and my entire home screen changed so drastically it made it difficult to use.

I tried adding the apps I wanted on my home screen by pressing and holding but couldn't get the screen to change. Am I doing something wrong? I liked the premise but I need certain icons on my home screen.

One other thing: The latest update claims that the "lag" issue has been fixed. Well, I don't know how bad it was lagging before but it's still lagging now.

korp

Reaction score
You can change the default theme by ... long press, pandahome assistant or whatever its called at the bottom and just set the default theme.

Personally, since I found launcher+ (made by the home++ maker) I don't think I'll use anything else. Launcher+ is basically the stock android ui but lets you add up to 7 total screens and doesn't lag at all .... plus its free. If you get it just long press the home screen and click screens very simple and no extras.

SirSyeco

Reaction score
For me the themes for Panda make it laggy. I turn that off and just use the stock icons and power widget like the stock.

I use Panda for the additional screens, but also the drawers. I love the drawers, I use them for my "Speed Dial" with all my Direct Dial shortcuts. BAM!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Change the theme to default via menu/theme settings. After you do that go back into theme settings and delete the preinstalled themes from Panda (which are terrible by the way)

Now set up all your screens and then reboot.

FYI you can also use aHome and openhome themes with Panda. Which are free.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Change the theme to default via menu/theme settings. After you do that go back into theme settings and delete the preinstalled themes from Panda (which are terrible by the way)

Now set up all your screens and then reboot.

FYI you can also use aHome and openhome themes with Panda. Which are free.

I followed your instructions to the letter. When I attempted to change the theme to default, it was already selected. I'm not quite sure what I'm suppose to delete in the theme settings, I don't see preinstalled themes from Panda.

I'm not seeing too much of an advantage here. I think I'll just stick to the original home screen with a new background.

ThermalGuy

Reaction score
PandaHome

I'm using the 1.80 version Everything seems to be working fine but it has somehjow nerfed my ability to mount the SD. I emailed them yesterday. not getting back to very fast. We'll see how they respond. may have to dump it. I get a message about themes causing a problem. not using a theme, just a pix from my own collection on the SD.