Open Home Ap Problem

shooter

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Moto Droid. I downloaded Open Home a while back, downloaded some themes, etc. Everything was working fine until recently, when I noticed error messages when I turned the phone on. The dialog box has some stuff in it with two choices; Force Close or Wait. I usually chose Wait and it seemed to work OK.

But, the error message was bugging me, so I thought if I uninstalled and reinstalled, it may fix the message.

So, now, Open Home is installed, but now, it won't recognize any of the installed themes. When I try to use a theme, I get a message advising me to download Open Home...which is already installed!

Do I need to uninstall/reinstall the themes too?

Any suggestions?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I moved this htread. To the apps section (thanks hook). Lets see if it gets any better viewing here

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Shooter have you tried writing the dev? maybe he's encountered this with other ppl and has a solution. good luck:D

OP
shooter

shooter

Reaction score
Shooter have you tried writing the dev? maybe he's encountered this with other ppl and has a solution. good luck:D

Hi there, yes, I have. And, received a response that wasn't too helpful.

But, I'll post the response in case others have the same problem:

Usually force closes issues are related to skins, because we allow 3rd party skins, it's difficult to keep track of which one has issues (i.e. graphics that are unnecessarily large so that they take up too much resources)

Also check out the following 3 items:
1. You have too many widgets (especially picture frames) and icons on your screen. You need to remove some of them, or uninstall/reinstall open home to start fresh.
2. You have too many apps or background services running on your phone, use 'task manager' (press menu/more/task manager) to take a look what they are. Use the memory optimization function when appropriate.
3. You have too many contacts/saved messages/browser history, you can clear those data in menu/setting/app/manage app/ or you can start fresh by doing a factory reset.

None of those issues (1, 2, or 3) apply to me.

My problem continues, in that after I install OpenHome, and try to use any of the themes I used before this problem, I get an error message that says I have to install OpenHome, which I have already done.

I hesitate to do a factory reset, because won't I lose all contacts?