OnePlus 5 Launch Day Is Today Here Is Where You Can Watch It.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The OnePlus 5 launch goes live in roughly 3 hours. The event is scheduled for 12PM EDT. Thanks to an exclusive behind the scenes look granted to the verge yesterday we know a good bit about the new phone. We know that OnePlus has decided to focus mainly on the camera experience this time around. The phone does feature a dual lens camera setup. We know that they weren't able to duplicate some features like edge to edge display. The phone features a home button/fingerprint scanner on the front and it will have a 3.5mm headphone jack. You can watch the live event at the link below.

via http://oneplus.net/launch

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
$479 /€499 6GB ram 64GB storage
$539 /€559 8GB ram 128GB storage

Sent using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The One Plus is improving every year so kudos to them. The problem, and correct me if I am wrong, is until they get into the hands of the carrier their main customer base are the nexus/pixel crowd. Problem is the nexus/pixel crowd are on that wagon because they want mainly Google's flavor of android. Otherwise they would be part of the duopoly crowd (Samsung/Apple) or maybe Motorola.

Question is One Plus ok with their current positioning?

Because even Essential sold out to Sprint realizing they need some carrier help to make a name beyond the tech fans that frequent sites like these and reach those that will only catch it during a commercial.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I think they are happy and seems every year they up the game a bit ...overall plan night be larger scope of customers...

Sent using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The One Plus is improving every year so kudos to them. The problem, and correct me if I am wrong, is until they get into the hands of the carrier their main customer base are the nexus/pixel crowd. Problem is the nexus/pixel crowd are on that wagon because they want mainly Google's flavor of android. Otherwise they would be part of the duopoly crowd (Samsung/Apple) or maybe Motorola.

Question is One Plus ok with their current positioning?

Because even Essential sold out to Sprint realizing they need some carrier help to make a name beyond the tech fans that frequent sites like these and reach those that will only catch it during a commercial.
I agree, if this phone could get into US carrier stores it might sell a lot of units. Most people probably don't know this phone exists because it's not available in their local store; which is where they go when it's time for a new phone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk