One Click to get back on upgrade path

pkjeeps

Reaction score
I reran whole thing and it worked great...except i lost root...not worried about that right now tho...also dont have camera or camcorder..but i have fast burst camera(which i highly recomend)..so not worried about that either. Just start over. It worked for me.
As posted on the MyDroidWorld forums, this doesn't seem to be working for me. Stock phone, not rooted, 5.7.893 update. Using this one-click method, I get "assert failed: mount ("ext3", "MTD", "system", "/system") E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7) - Installation Aborted" when trying to install both the 893 and the 901 updates.

Anyone know a fix or way around this?

Ian

jkliving92

Reaction score
I reran whole thing and it worked great...except i lost root...not worried about that right now tho...also dont have camera or camcorder..but i have fast burst camera(which i highly recomend)..so not worried about that either. Just start over. It worked for me.

I also don't have camera or camcorder. didn't even notice til I read your post.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
For those that posted that you can go back on this OTA path after applying the 5.9.901 update.... wonder if you had any actual verification that you really could before posting such info?? cause I just tried and I am now stuck on fastboot menu with an invalid CDT error:dry:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Should mention that you need to replace the cdt.bin with the one from the .901 OTA zip, then you should avoid this error...verifying now by starting the return to OTA process again with the new cdt.bin

nh2123

Reaction score
Im redoing this whole process of going from 5.7.893 to 5.9.901. It worked for me but I lost root. So I decided to try it again and see if I could get 5.9.901 and keep root. Now successfully installed the ota of 5.5.893 but i'm getting the cdt error in fastboot. I've read people saying to flash it. I have no idea what this means. Could someone help me out. I'm not that technical when it comes to these phones. I just find dropping data connections to be unacceptable so I undertook this and maybe bit off more that I could chew.

Should mention that you need to replace the cdt.bin with the one from the .901 OTA zip, then you should avoid this error...verifying now by starting the return to OTA process again with the new cdt.bin

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Im redoing this whole process of going from 5.7.893 to 5.9.901. It worked for me but I lost root. So I decided to try it again and see if I could get 5.9.901 and keep root. Now successfully installed the ota of 5.5.893 but i'm getting the cdt error in fastboot. I've read people saying to flash it. I have no idea what this means. Could someone help me out. I'm not that technical when it comes to these phones. I just find dropping data connections to be unacceptable so I undertook this and maybe bit off more that I could chew.

I'm playing around with it currently...

dags5000

Reaction score
I think this is all great news for everyone. That said there is still zero reason to believe the next official ota will be what leaked. Motorola and Verizon assured me that the 5.7.893 update would be official and that I was up to date a few weeks before 5.5.893 fired out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The 5.9.901 actually hurt my performance conpared to how the 5.5.893 OTA was running, camera was no better, but web speed seemed slightly slower, thus the reason why I decided to go back to the 5.5.893 OTA.....

anyways, it does seem going back from 5.9.901 does corrupt the cdt.bin file...so I'm testing actually moving the cdt bin file from .901 to the .886 or .893 OTA zip to see if that alleviates those errors

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

okay here is what you need to do...
Take the cdt.bin file from the .901 OTA zip...copy it into this extracted FastRecovery file.(overwrite the existing cdt.bin in there) .....boot your Bionic into the fastboot mode that is having the cdt error....plug into your PC, run the everything.bat file in the Fastboot Recovery folder...it will flash the cdt.bin file first......unplug your Bionic immediately after flashing 'only' that and it should reboot into stock OTA 5.5.893

nh2123

Reaction score
ok it's working and booting up. now i'm going to flash the .901 version. im rooted and 4ever rooted hopefully I keep root this time.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok it's working and booting up. now i'm going to flash the .901 version. im rooted and 4ever rooted hopefully I keep root this time.

great to hear... yeah if you just verify that you do have the forever root script before applying that .901 update, you should stay rooted...it did for me, just didn't see any performance gains on .901 compared to .893 on my part...

mhnsc

Reaction score
I'm bricked

Total noob here... everything with BionicPathSaver was running fine until 5.5.893 update. Now all I get is Invalid CG Version (CG: boot) in Flashboot.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Total noob here... everything with BionicPathSaver was running fine until 5.5.893 update. Now all I get is Invalid CG Version (CG: boot) in Flashboot.

Any help greatly appreciated.

So you applied the 1-click pathsaver ontop of 5.9.901? ....try the below...
I can probably put together a standalone script file for this but not sure I want to corrupt the .901 to .893 process over again to test the script...lol
okay here is what you need to do...Take the cdt.bin file from the .901 OTA zip...copy it into this extracted FastRecovery file.(overwrite the existing cdt.bin in there) .....boot your Bionic into the fastboot mode that is having the cdt error....plug into your PC, run the everything.bat file in the Fastboot Recovery folder...it will flash the cdt.bin file first......unplug your Bionic immediately after flashing 'only' that and it should reboot into stock OTA 5.5.893