one click root

Texaskj07

Reaction score
how long does the one click root take to actually root the phone. it has been running for over 30 min and still says the same thing, running exploit in order to obtain root access... If nothing happens what should i do? Can I do battery pull and reboot or will that brick my phone. need some help asap. thanks

OP
T

Texaskj07

Reaction score
using the z4root one click from the xda site. did a battery pull and phone is back to normal but what am i doing wrong or what should i be using

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Is USB Debugging enabled? That's a requirement.

It shouldn't take more than a few minutes on a Droid 1/2/X, but the Fascinate might take a little longer.

Anything more than 15 is too long, I would assume.

OP
T

Texaskj07

Reaction score
yes usb debugging was enabled and it was working for more than 45 min. I wanted to root because i would like to get rid of the bloatware that vzw put on this thing. I don't need it for screenshots because shootme seems to work on the fascinate without being rooted. i will take any advice to get this done that is out there.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Hook it to a computer and try superoneclick? Essentially the same thing, just requires the USB cable.

Also, try the method outlined for a manual root in my signature.

OP
T

Texaskj07

Reaction score
thanks where can i find the superoneclick. and I guess i will try it tommorow we just put the girls to bed so its time for me to get some sleep too. thanks for all your help.

OP
T

Texaskj07

Reaction score
tried again this morning with the z4root and nothing guess i will do it the long way. unless anyone has any other ideas why its not working

phartwig

Reaction score
I would of suggested a reboot but sounds like you did that. My phone worked ok but my girlfriends hung so I rebooted and it worked. But if you did a batt pull I am not sure. Just wanted to share my experience with two droid x's

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The next person that makes a comment that I have to delete is getting a 30 day vacation from the Forum. Be respectful and stay on topic.

OP
T

Texaskj07

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help this morning guys I will try the different methods that have been recommended and see what happens guess I know where I can come with questions. Thanks again

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Good luck. If the manual method doesn't work and you've read through the entire thread and can't find an answer/solution, don't hesitate to ask a question in it. Someone will be by soon to help. :)

Hymizzle

Reaction score
I had this problem. Solution me was make sure no programs were running in background. Remove any anti virus programs, task killers or any launchers. Rebooted and it was done in a minute.

OP
T

Texaskj07

Reaction score
Well since I can do screenshots without being rooted and my gps works like a champ,I am going to wait for froyo to get rid of bing. I am going to hold off on rooting for now. Thanks everyone for your help

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App