how long did z4root take to root your phone

rage813

Reaction score
i downloaded it off megaupload on my phones browser z4root version 1.3.0 its been 5 mins since i hit perm root and the thing is still spinning and saying running exploit in order to obtain root access.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i downloaded it off megaupload on my phones browser z4root version 1.3.0 its been 5 mins since i hit perm root and the thing is still spinning and saying running exploit in order to obtain root access.

That's way too long. I rooted my D2 in about 30 seconds, reboot included.

Can you try to use the back key? If that fails then try to shut it down or pull the battery.

evltwn72

Reaction score
This is a common problem with z4root...do a battery pull, then try rooting again, it should work.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
R

rage813

Reaction score

Can you try to use the back key? If that fails then try to shut it down or pull the battery.

yea i backed out of it so i guess it stopped now what?

evltwn72

Reaction score

yea i backed out of it so i guess it stopped now what?

After you reboot the phone, run z4root again. It should work.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
R

rage813

Reaction score
ok i did it it worked thank you guys

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^^If your D1 is on FRG83D it will not work. Otherwise your good to go.

preetb123

Reaction score
does this all work in android emulator(any version from 1.5 to 2.3)

After you reboot the phone, run z4root again. It should work.
I had the same problem, and this solution worked for me, too.

I just backed out and used ALT-SHFT-DEL to reboot.
Thx!dancedroid

does this all techniques work in android emulator, of any version...i tried many methods but but nothing seems to work...i need to get root access to my android emulator(atleast execute su command)...please help...

i am trying to install z4root on my android 1.6 emulator, its been an hour still it says "please wait while root completes and your device is rebooted"...i tried this twice...not working...what is the problem...????

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Z4 shouldn't take more than a couple minutes. I rooted my D2 in under 5....it seemed almost instantaneous.

preetb123

Reaction score
Z4 shouldn't take more than a couple minutes. I rooted my D2 in under 5....it seemed almost instantaneous.

you use emulator or android device... i use emulator. z4root doesnt work on android 1.5.
and now i tried it on android 1.6, its been around 30 minutes now...what must be the problem or do i have to use some other method??