Root Question

pmurray633

Reaction score
So I found Z4Root online, emailed it to myself, and installed it. I tried to use it, so I click on ROOT, and it says at the bottom "Running exploint in order to obtain root access..." and the progress circle will go around and around and around. It never does anything, what am I doing wrong?

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
Check your App Drawer and see if you have the superuser icon. I got stuck at that screen, but still rooted.

OP
P

pmurray633

Reaction score
I randomly just tried it again, and BOOM, it worked, thanks! Love this site.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Sometimes it freezes up. Next time if it takes longer than 2 minutes pull the battery and try again. I've heard to reboot before you try to root, and it shouldn't happen. Either way, you're rooted. :D

OP
P

pmurray633

Reaction score
Yes sir, now I need to figure out how to do all the cool stuff and what not. And I need a computer with Windows too haha

lalea1860

Reaction score
Lg Ally

I have rooted my phone using SuperoneClick and I have superuser status. I downloaded root explorer. I am having trouble deleting apps like amazon etc and keeping them GONE! They either do not delete/uninstall/or they come back again. I am not sure I am using root explorer correctly as I am having trouble figuring out how to find the apps inside the program. Also, GTalk, Alarm Service and Sync service are often running in the back. Are these apps important for the phone to function?
I have tons of google apps and a My verizon as well but wasnt sure if to delete or not. Plus, I need to know how to delete them permanently?

Help appreciated. (>%

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
I have rooted my phone using SuperoneClick and I have superuser status. I downloaded root explorer. I am having trouble deleting apps like amazon etc and keeping them GONE! They either do not delete/uninstall/or they come back again. I am not sure I am using root explorer correctly as I am having trouble figuring out how to find the apps inside the program. Also, GTalk, Alarm Service and Sync service are often running in the back. Are these apps important for the phone to function?
I have tons of google apps and a My verizon as well but wasnt sure if to delete or not. Plus, I need to know how to delete them permanently?

Help appreciated. (>%

Deleting is not really a good idea. Read this thread: Removing the Bloat 2.2 OTA - (3 Ways) Super Easy & Safe, Safe & Easy, Free

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Check out this video[video=youtube;GAecU9WRjN8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAecU9WRjN8"] here[/video]..

If you delete them you will regret it. You will be back on here trying to find .apk files and panicking when the next OTA comes out.. :icon_ banana:

lalea1860

Reaction score
I went to the link above and read instructions..thanks for the link. I was going to Rename files/apps to .bak vs .apk as it instructed on the link.
I went into root explorer...went to system...changed to mount rw...went to apps...long press on app...clicked Rename from drop down menu

It said..You can not rename this file as it is Read Only?

Last edited: