Old version of PDANet issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerofmx

Reaction score
Hello, I looked around for possibly a rooted section to post this is, but I could not find any area suitable, so General Discussion should suffice.

Well, after using my 2.45 version of PDANet down at my new store while we are waiting for the Internet to be hooked up, I notice I cannot access my Gmail account through it, which is REALLY annoying... I mean, can't access a blocked site, but a Google site when a Google phone is powering the connection. Well, anyways, I decided to just locate my old PDANet apk and exe files so I wouldn't have to worry about having to license it, since I only need it for another week or so.

Well, everything installed correctly, but when I press connect on the PC end, it pauses for about 10 seconds, then I get a pop-up saying, "This version of PDANet is Expired."

I am wondering if anyone knows if there is anyway I can get around this? It would really help out a lot. I mean, I can access my bank statements through the new free version, but I can't go to gmail... it's REALLY frustrating. Thank you in advance for any help and/or advice you can offer to me on this matter.

Graymayre

Reaction score
If you've paid for the license, you will be able to use it unrestricted when you enter the registration code into the PC side program. I don't know how it checks, but it will work on different devices when they are on the same line it was registered with. If you are having issues, contact june fabrics about it. All the licensing is on the computer side so it shouldn't matter what version you have on the device.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Graymayre

Reaction score
Oh, and if nothing else, use your phone to download the latest version for PC and pull it off the card to install it. And also with the registration code, it works on as many computers as you want as long as it is the same device, you just have to put in the reg code every time. I really don't know why they don't put the license on the device side. Probably because someone would find a way around it. If that didn't help or answer your question, ill get back tomorrow.

OP
N

Nerofmx

Reaction score
Well what I am actually trying to do is use my apk that was an old version, in which the full access was still free, before the new versions that cost money for a license to use at your own leisure.

So in short, I am attempting to use an old version of PDAnet, that didn't require licensing, but it says it is expired. Just basically wanna know if there is a way around it, or the old free versions are absolutely un-usable anymore.

Graymayre

Reaction score
Gotcha. Well the app itself does not filter data. It ports it straight to the PC side of the program. The PC side then restricts access. Your apk files have nothing to do with t, and as far as an old version not needing a license, I didn't know about that. I purchased my license back in January 2010, well before 2.45. And gmail was restricted before that for me, too.
So I guess you would not only need an old version on the PC and a compatible apk for the phone. And I would have no idea where to get those.

OP
N

Nerofmx

Reaction score
Well about 5 years back, I realized when new versions of programs are released, sometimes they really suck, or after a few updates you realize the program is going in a bad direction... so I had been getting upset at those scenarios, so now I save and organize all program downloads and some others. I am a download hoarder, I admit it.

Well this is another scenario that I am trying to make work through my download hoarding. So I can have the free PDANet again.

I am going to post all my information and details I have posted on here, on some other forums to see if there is some really awesome PC nerd who went through this same situation. I really don't think I should be spending this much time on this. If it takes me more than another 24 hours to figure it out, I guess I'll just bite my tongue and buy the license for this newer one. It will probably save me a few times in the future having it for myself.

Thanks for listening. If you think you can help, just let me know!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
:closed_2:

Please refrain from discussions that the subject is trying to find a "work around" on licensing. Please support the developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.