Ok...not Droid related, but why is baseball so stupid on their times?

mjs31

Reaction score
They worry about the start times because people are working, yet run the end times past midnight. Who gives a crap about the beginning? People want to be able to see then ending and still get to work.

Sorry...I can't have the Droid for a few days so I have to vent.

Selig, contract with affiliates = stupid.....kind of like some phone people in a way...

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
there was a strike in the MLB in like 95' or 96' maybe.. i haven't watched baseball since.

OP
mjs31

mjs31

Reaction score
there was a strike in the MLB in like 95' or 96' maybe.. i haven't watched baseball since.

Don't blame you. Just pathetic that they say they start early for the fans, but yet a fan would rather see then end than the beginning. Oh well....I am not a huge baseball fan but would like to see A-Droid win one...oops...I mean a-rod.

bassic83

Reaction score
I actually don't watch sports at all any more, unless it's a team I like in the finals of their sport (94-95 Houston Rockets). Baseball is OK sometimes, but boring a lot of the time. Don't get me started on golf...like watching paint dry! :biggrin:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Don't blame you. Just pathetic that they say they start early for the fans, but yet a fan would rather see then end than the beginning. Oh well....I am not a huge baseball fan but would like to see A-Droid win one...oops...I mean a-rod.

diddnt you mean to say A-ROID ;)

rjsurfer

Reaction score
And what about the children?...I used to rush home from school to see the games, not too many will be staying awake I'll bet.

Lose the attention of the kids and baseball is lost.

Ron

souljerr

Reaction score
I personally still love the game. My kids, wife and I don't miss a Giants game. They come home from school asking what time the World Series is starting. There is still hope for baseball.

NWGiantFan

Reaction score
I am a big baseball fan, and I enjoyed reading these older posts. Baseball is like any other business. The game starts when they can fill the most seats. I live in Portland, Or. and follow the S.F. Giants. That means the games start around 7 pm and I have to stay awake until 10 pm or so to see the end. The biggest crock is the "blackout" area for home teams. I cannot watch any Mariners game either at home or out of town. No Canadian can watch any Bluejays game! Anyway, I am still hoping At Bat 2010 will be tweaked to run live feeds on my Droid! Cheers

NWGiantFan

Reaction score
baseball and MLB

Yes, I have been a SF Giants fan since they moved to San Francisco and I was 7-8 years old. We lived about 10 miles from Candlestick. My folks still do. I base my trips south in May and September around the Giants home schedule. My Son went to his first Giants game as an infant and now follows the team from Las Vegas with his wife and my 2 Granddaughters. Budding fans! We have family in and around Los Angeles, talk about rivalries. On another note, I hope the sofware that will allow the Droid to stream games shows up this season. I was going to wait and see if the Verizon iPhone was going to be a reality. Go Giants!

Last edited: