Ok, I'll be the first to say it...

plongson

Reaction score
Gingerbread SUCKS...There, It's out. No more trying to convince myself it is the best thing since sliced bread.

Ya, all the super Wazoo glitz and glimmer are fine, but some of the main functions of a BUSINESS PHONE are gone, like GETTING VOICE MAIL NOTIFICATIONS, like LOOSING MY ACCESS TO EXCHANGE SERVER CONTACTS. I didn't buy this thing as a toy, or a game platform, it needs to WORK...

What are these programmers thinking when they release these things? And it's not like GB just came out yesterday, this thing is about to be replaced by ICS.

Man, I wish I could go back to FROYO...Is it even possible?????

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your best bet would be to root the device. VM notifications are fixed for rooted users.

mpuchalski

Reaction score
What has been lost with regards to exchange contacts?

I do agree on the Vm notifications. I switched to Google Voice last night. Notifications work fine there.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

droidking1

Reaction score
Go in to settings , then call settings then click voice mail carrier and check it. Idk if that will help , but mine works fine now. Also I'm using go launcher and it has its own notification app.

mpuchalski

Reaction score
Yeah, that didn't work for me. Still.no native voicemail notification.

bases1616

Reaction score
Gingerbread SUCKS...There, It's out. No more trying to convince myself it is the best thing since sliced bread.

Ya, all the super Wazoo glitz and glimmer are fine, but some of the main functions of a BUSINESS PHONE are gone, like GETTING VOICE MAIL NOTIFICATIONS, like LOOSING MY ACCESS TO EXCHANGE SERVER CONTACTS. I didn't buy this thing as a toy, or a game platform, it needs to WORK...

What are these programmers thinking when they release these things? And it's not like GB just came out yesterday, this thing is about to be replaced by ICS.

Sorry to here about your problems, but it is not a GB issue! HTC passed it on to Verizon and that is something that should of been tested before being sent out to us. I ran a rooted GB on my Droid 1 for over 6 months and it ran great.

tc1

Reaction score
Sorry to here about your problems, but it is not a GB issue! HTC passed it on to Verizon and that is something that should of been tested before being sent out to us. I ran a rooted GB on my Droid 1 for over 6 months and it ran great.

Yep...its not gb its HTC's garbage coding.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

It's not Gingerbread. Way too many people are running it and have no issues at all!! You may simply have a bad install of the update. Take the phone to Verizon. They will probably first do a Factory Hard Reset and if that doesn't work, they can reflash the OS. Good luck.

rbw62

Reaction score
What city r. U N? Did u get ota notification?

mikeyo1990

Reaction score
This is due to the update that HTC sent out. It is pretty dumb especially for it being the first 4g phone verizon had put out you would think they would want to make it superior. But as someone earlier stated if you root the phone it has been fixed and there are also other reasons why you would enjoy root as well.

OP
plongson

plongson

Reaction score
My biggest problem right now is I don't have the time to fool with it. Ya I'd root if I had time, I do lot's of things if I had time. Jacking with a dang phone to make it do what I bought it for is not high on the list. I get so PO'd with shoddy workmanship I wanna puke, and this is just crappy work on the part of HTC, VZ and anyone else that signed off of this POS. If I get a chance in the next month or so, I'll root, but I'll be too busy calling my Vmail to check for missed calls and running back to the PC to check accounts that weren't imported to my exchange account. Have I left anything out??

BUT!!! I sure have cool live wallpapers, icons that I can move around, watch Blockbuster movies on a postage stamp screen, and about a zillion other things that don't make it any better.

JEZ...do I feel better...NOT!

duvall8

Reaction score
Well I love GB and if I can root anyone can. Rooting my Tbolt has been the best thing I have done. But dude look at the other forums. There are issues with like every phone out there. I guess my advice is take it back to Verizon and see what they say. They should be able to get you back to your old specs.

jcarlilesiu

Reaction score
Unrooted stood thunderbolt and downloaded GB last night. I have voicemail through Google voice for the visual voicemail, but both of my exchange server contact lists are syncing. Nor am I having any other issues.

Could there really be differences this drastic. In the same download?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

OP
plongson

plongson

Reaction score
both of my exchange server contact lists are syncing.

So when you go to PEOPLE and look at the bottom of the screen, you still have a little globe or "earth" looking icon that has all your exchange contacts? That is what I lost...

OP
plongson

plongson

Reaction score
I called VZ and got a tech rep that acknowledged there was a "Known Issue" with VM notification after the update. They gave me free Visual Voicemail until it is resolved, but she said it might be months before the software gets fixed. Shucks, I'll be in a Bionic before then...