Initial thoughts on X2

Mont

Reaction score
wow, it seemed like only a week ago I was trying to find some info on DX2 and all I could find was speculation on the specs and how Verizon still hasn't put a release date on it so I practically fell out the chair when I had just seen the commercial just now.

Like others am shocked no 4g but my bill is already too high I have no intentions of paying for it (and no idea how much its going to cost) although was conflicted because my area has it.

I'm sure the DCP's make up, end of the year is when I get to upgrade I'm sure all the problems be fixed by then

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

the3dolla

Reaction score
It might be a good idea to wait a bit. I do love the X/X2's form factor and physical feel.

Motorola (or Nvidia, really) might be able to make some driver side changes to improve the calibration and reduce certain issues. You will notice the screen displays things completely differently from the original X. I had the original Droid, and the color was definitely better.

The X2's display, though, isn't terrible and it is ridiculously bright.

I didn't have an X before I got my X2, but the battery life appears to be great, which I think has to do with the screen. It does look, kind of odd, but if you don't try to look at it and find something wrong, it's not really that bad/noticeable.

mike4428

Reaction score
Back to the screen, has anyone noticed how there is very noticeable grid under the screen in certain lighting conditions? It's mostly in direct sunlight and when the screen is off, which doesn't really bother me. However, I've noticed that even with the screen on in direct sunlight, it can be fairly noticeable. I'm assuming this is the "capacitive grid", but I've never used a touchscreen device where it was so obvious. Anyone else notice this?

myko14

Reaction score
I love the X2. Great screen. Good camera and camcorder. Awesome responsiveness. I can't believe how fast it is compared to any setup I had on the D1 (overclocked at 1.2). The Quadrant with crapware frozen is 2500+. I have read of people getting as high as 2700!

My problems: The long boot up. The lack of a front camera and 4G are not issues for me but maybe for you?
The fact that the bootloader may be locked. There is some things you can tweak but it is limited. I have root but seriously - what is special about this phone other than the dual core, if you can't customize everything? I could own an iphone if I wanted this restriction. If the TB looks as good next week or if the Bionic gets an official release date, this thing is going back. Love it but don't care to be restricted. I am sure some will say I will be restricted by not having a dual core phone when they start writing apps for these phones but if I care this much about having a nice phone, I would probably buy one when the software actually gets here.