Thinking about Upgrading my X to an X2

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
Ok I have the chance to use my upgrade and get an X2 with carcharger and screen protector for FREE. I have had My X for over a year now never had to replace it. I did have an issue when the GB update came out (as I was rooted) and I had to SBF back. Other then that I have had minimal issues i.e. keyboard lag which was resolved with reboot.
The reasons I want to upgrade are as follows.
1- I want the Dual Core.
2- I like the auto Focus feature of the Camera.
3- I would like the better resolution.

Those are the reasons I have and I would like to get some input from the community. I do not have LTE in my area yet or I would go with the bionic. I listen to music from time to time and I have seen that many people complain about the playback. I don't use the phone for anything else when listening to music so I personally don't think this will be an issue.
So knowing that I can get this phone for free and the accessory pack do you think this would be a decent choice to upgrade seeing as how I can keep my X and sell the X2 if I don't want to keep it? I do not plan on rooting it unless I have some serious software issues that I can not live with. Don't get me wrong I am happy with my X but I want the Dual Core and camera features of the X2.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^One thing to consider is that 4G will be there at some point and it's pretty nice.

OP
Ag3nt X

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
^One thing to consider is that 4G will be there at some point and it's pretty nice.

I agree I have 2 lines avalilabe for upgrade right now and another one will be available next month. So I will still have 2 lines available to upgrade to an LTE phone.

OP
Ag3nt X

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
I guess not many have much input on this phone...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The DX2 isn't much of an upgrade from the DX - if you're a Moto fan go for the Bionic...if you also like Samsung wait for the Prime

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

gthotie5

Reaction score
TP76 said it all.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
Ag3nt X

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
The DX2 isn't much of an upgrade from the DX - if you're a Moto fan go for the Bionic...if you also like Samsung wait for the Prime

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Yeah to be honest I am wanting to wait untill LTE hits my area then get the Bionic. The Price should drop a bit by then also. Right now it would cost me $219. I have been doubting that the X2 would really be that much of an upgrade in the first place.

Do any of you know where to get the boinic for less then 219? Newegg is the lowest I have found so far...

Last edited:
OP
Ag3nt X

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
one more concern that I have is if I were to get the DX2 and say 6 months from now it goes bad and they no longer carry this phone and I had to return it what do you suppose they would replace it with?

gthotie5

Reaction score
Something with equal value.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

msjohnson2868

Reaction score
Yeah to be honest I am wanting to wait untill LTE hits my area then get the Bionic. The Price should drop a bit by then also. Right now it would cost me $219. I have been doubting that the X2 would really be that much of an upgrade in the first place.

Do any of you know where to get the boinic for less then 219? Newegg is the lowest I have found so far...

I'd definately go for the bionic. The X2 just isn't that much ir an improvement over the X. I have an X and just upgraded my wife to the Bionic and held on to my X. We don't have LTE here either, but the Bionic is still a solid device that's better than the X2 in my opinion.

Why didn't I get a Bionic? I'm holding out for the Nexus. :)
Not a bad idea for you too if you can hold out a few weeks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
I would go with the Droid Bionic hands down. You will be much happier vs. DX2. I had the Droid X on VZW until I left this year. I moved over to the AT&T and after a bad run with an iPhone 4 went to Moto Atrix, which is basically a Droid Bionic minus LTE.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I have an X2, but didn't use an X to compare it to (I was on T-Mobile before). I like the X2 but I'm looking forward to the new SW update that is supposed to fix the music issue. I have to say though that I don't hear the 'skip' when on bluetooth, only with a wired headphone connection so keep that in mind.

I got the X2 on a BOGO deal when my wife and I signed up. I have my eye on a bionic or a Prime, but I will wait until I can buy one on ebay for cheap. Mainly because I'd like the LTE connection.