Oh, no! I dropped my phone and killed it....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's what I'm thinking. I hadn't held the phone up to my ear since I replaced it, so it came as a surprise and a bit of a frustration. I had remembered there being a setting, but apparently that option was on previous models.
Thanks again for brain storming with me. I get a little freaked out when things go wonky and I can figure it out.
Aren't you glad you're not around for my computer woes? Lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I handle all the computer woes for my family when they have problems, so l know what you mean.

It's all good.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Any thoughts on why my latest Z's audio for my Google voice (?) Won't work when when it's hooked up to the Bluetooth in my car? Audio works through BT headphones & when it's not connected to BT, but when it's connected to my car's BT, there's no sound whatsoever. It WILL ring through and I can talk to callers, but if I wake it up with my phrase "Hey lady, you there?", there's no sound. It wakes up, but acts as if it's muted.
Boy, I hope this makes sense. I've been interrupted several times while texting this lol

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think that volume is tied to one of the choices that's not system volume. I could be wrong though. When you tap either volume button and then click the drop-down on the screen, what are all three volume controls set at?

I think that's tied to the Media volume option?

32a42db9ac714beed5a0634205a89527.jpg

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I think that volume is tied to one of the choices that's not system volume. I could be wrong though. When you tap either volume button and then click the drop-down on the screen, what are all three volume controls set at?

I think that's tied to the Media volume option?

32a42db9ac714beed5a0634205a89527.jpg

They're all at Max. That's what I was thinking too....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I noticed my Google Now volume was kind of low also when connected to Bluetooth compared to when not using Bluetooth. I activated it using my launch phrase and tapped Volume up on my phone with the Google Now voice command window open, and about blew out my eardrum when she did speak back. Maybe an issue with a recent Google app update and the volume just need to be "refreshed" manually while the screen is open? It's just an idea at this point.

Last edited:

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I found the problem. It's your wake up phase. You are addressing a very masculine alpha male phone as a feminine."Hey lady, you there?" It's clearly embarrassed. I'd respond very quietly too so all my friends didn't hear me.

Actually, I think Sajo might be on to the right answer.....as usual.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I noticed my Google Now volume was kind of low also when connected to Bluetooth compared to when not using Bluetooth. I activated it using my launch phrase and tapped Volume up on my phone with the Google Now voice command window open, and about blew out my eardrum when she did speak back. Maybe an issue with a recent Google app update and the volume just need to be "refreshed" manually while the screen is open? It's just an idea at this point.

Nope, that's not it. I messed around a little when I got in to head home. You Tube won't play either. Total silence. I shut off the Moto app and it still wouldn't play through the phone I've searched the phone settings AND the car settings and can't figure it out. Weird... Something needs clicked on somewhere, I'm sure...

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I found the problem. It's your wake up phase. You are addressing a very masculine alpha male phone as a feminine."Hey lady, you there?" It's clearly embarrassed. I'd respond very quietly too so all my friends didn't hear me.

Ha! Maybe that's the problem lol

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hmmmmm....very strange.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

Good to see you stop in once & awhile sir.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Good to see you stop in once & awhile sir.

Only for the smart aleck comments.;)
Have you done an FDR yet?
You'd think that a "new" replacement wouldn't need it, but I've been surprised at how many times it's really the only answer for me.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Only for the smart aleck comments.;)
Have you done an FDR yet?
You'd think that a "new" replacement wouldn't need it, but I've been surprised at how many times it's really the only answer for me.
I'd rather live with the frustration, actually. Moved into two phones in about a month's time. And then there's the smartwatch lol
I may end up needing to, but would like to exhaust all other options first.
One thing I just noticed... When I verbally respond to a text while driving, it's not showing up in my text app thread (conversation). Maybe the two are tied into the same issue?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's very possible. My voice command / hands free texts using Driving Mode appear in my Messages app, just like when I type a response.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
That's very possible. My voice command / hands free texts using Driving Mode appear in my Messages app, just like when I type a response.

Mine used to.... Weird.
I do get a reminder about Assistant when I wake the lady up.
I'm currently in my husband's truck (passenger) and Moto app is on and Google DID talk to me and make the little sounds it makes.
Thinking it's a setting with my car that the phone doesn't like...