Oh, no! I dropped my phone and killed it....

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Ha! Y'all aren't gonna believe this.....

I'm currently moving into my second warranty replacement LOL! One of the prongs on the back of the phone was acting hinky and my mods weren't making a solid connection. Night-before-last, my phone stopped connecting to the mods, altogether.

Came in here to remind myself how to do a couple of things. Right now, I'm still reading through trying to find where I posted how to tweak the settings so my phone would read my text messages through my car. Ugh, I can't stand setting up new electronics... LOL

Hope everyone is doing well. Thought I'd speak up and say "Hi" while I'm in here :)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sorry to hear that Gudasau. Driving Mode is enabled from the Moto App. Moto > Voice > Talk To Me > Driving.

Hope the new phone works out well for you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Sorry to hear that Gudasau. Driving Mode is enabled from the Moto App. Moto > Voice > Talk To Me > Driving.

Hope the new phone works out well for you.

Thanks, @Sajo
It's something different that I have to do for my Nissan. If I don't do "something" my texts only come across as a bonk sound and it doesn't read it out loud. I know I posted the fix on here somewhere -- it's just a matter of finding it LOL I think it was a bluetooth setting, but I'm not 100% certain. How quickly I forget...
It's been fun and interesting going through old posts. I DO know I posted with this last phone swap a couple of months ago, so I don't have to dig through too much.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
OH! I'm ahead of myself. It's a watch setting I need to change. I'm going to deal with the watch once I get home. I'm trying to move into this while working LOL
Not doing a bad job of multitasking, if I say so myself.
Thanks again, @Sajo. I had forgotten to adjust the driving part of the Moto app, so you saved me on that!

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I have a really dumb question, but can't remember how to change the settings so my screen is off while I'm talking on the phone.
I think I've looked everywhere she can't find it.
Where is that? I honestly don't remember having to change it on this model in the past....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have a really dumb question, but can't remember how to change the settings so my screen is off while I'm talking on the phone.
I think I've looked everywhere she can't find it.
Where is that? I honestly don't remember having to change it on this model in the past....

No such thing as a dumb question. Someone else has, or will have, the same question and just hasn't asked it yet. I thought that was just part of the default way our phones worked...take it away from your face and the proximity sensor realizes it's moved away and shuts off the screen. That prevents accidental button clicks with the phone up to our ear.

The only thing I can think of is check Settings > Accessibility > Power Button Ends Call.

I think that might cause the screen to stay on and bypass the proximity sensor? Maybe?

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
No such thing as a dumb question. Someone else has, or will have, the same question and just hasn't asked it yet. I thought that was just part of the default way our phones worked...take it away from your face and the proximity sensor realizes it's moved away and shuts off the screen. That prevents accidental button clicks with the phone up to our ear.

The only thing I can think of is check Settings > Accessibility > Power Button Ends Call.

I think that might cause the screen to stay on and bypass the proximity sensor? Maybe?

Thanks @Sajo!
If I put the phone up to my ear, my face makes all kinds of things open, move, etc. I need it to go dark like it usually does.
I've never turned on the power button ends call feature before, so I don't think that's it.
I've searched the phone, forums, & Google. Not finding the answer. I rarely put the phone up to my face (head set or speaker), but today I needed to twice and it was nearly impossible to deal with the calls.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I hope your proximity sensor isn't broken on a replacement phone. Is there a screen protector covering the proximity sensor on the top row of the phone? I can't remember if it's the one to the left or right of the speaker grill on our phones.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I hope your proximity sensor isn't broken on a replacement phone. Is there a screen protector covering the proximity sensor on the top row of the phone? I can't remember if it's the one to the left or right of the speaker grill on our phones.

Naked phone. The prox sensor seems to be working fine with motion while it's resting on my desk. Don't think that's it. I remember older phones had a setting, but I'm not sure this one does....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There did used to be a setting that would keep the screen On while on a call. I thought it became that Accessibility Setting, but could be mistaken.

Time for the "thinking cap".....

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
There did used to be a setting that would keep the screen On while on a call. I thought it became that Accessibility Setting, but could be mistaken.

Time for the "thinking cap".....

Unless it's so easy I'm overlooking it... If nothing else, I'll call tech support, but y'all are much smarter

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good deal. Maybe it was just "stuck" by an app and Safe Mode > regular mode triggered it to work correctly again.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Good deal. Maybe it was just "stuck" by an app and Safe Mode > regular mode triggered it to work correctly again.

That's what I'm thinking. I hadn't held the phone up to my ear since I replaced it, so it came as a surprise and a bit of a frustration. I had remembered there being a setting, but apparently that option was on previous models.
Thanks again for brain storming with me. I get a little freaked out when things go wonky and I can figure it out.
Aren't you glad you're not around for my computer woes? Lol