I think I killed it... :(

fhbrumb

Reaction score
I have the Motorola Droid Razr. It's probably 18 months old. Yesterday, it was fine. When I went to bed, I plugged it in to charge, just like every other night.

This morning, I have a dead phone. It does nothing. I have plugged it in to a couple of chargers, all of which seem to be working. I get nothing.

When I plug the phone into the USB on my laptop, I get a solid white LED, and the laptop is making sounds like it can detect a device is attached. When I ask for the available drives, on the laptop, the phone does not show.

I have tried the volume down button / power button reboot probably 6 times already, holding between 10 and 30 seconds on various tries.

What else can I try, before I go out to buy a new phone, which I REALLY can't afford right now...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
A factory cable would be able to charge it when its lower than a safe charging level.. However..unless your charger is faulty.. Sounds like a battery issue. Call moto.. They can replace it..however..the lg g2 and several other new devices are 450 off contract.

MAXXED OUT!!!!!

OP
F

fhbrumb

Reaction score
I left it plugged into the laptop for a while, and the white LED went out. I tried to reboot, and still nothing. Plugged it back in, and I get the white LED again. No actual chargers get the light, just the laptop.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
The battery is dead.....I did the same thing to my previous Razar.......I had to do a warrenty exchange. I think once the battery completly dies its gone :-(

sent from my Hot Galaxy Note 3 ;-)

Ferrett

Reaction score
I left it plugged into the laptop for a while, and the white LED went out. I tried to reboot, and still nothing. Plugged it back in, and I get the white LED again. No actual chargers get the light, just the laptop.

Had the same issue one time, right after I got mine. I might suggest you wait a half hour or so then do the power and volume down buttons again. Hold them until it turns on probably no more than a minute. Far less I would guess. 20-30 seconds is the norm. As for the charger, a simple 5v source is all you need. (USB) Chargers would know the batt is charged and may stop the charging process while USB to your laptop, would not and keep sending 5v to the phone. Odd it wont turn on again. I would open the phone and pull the batt before running out for a new one. Put the batt back in and fire it up. Google how to remove the back from your Maxx, it's been done.

OP
F

fhbrumb

Reaction score
Still dead. I give up. I hope all of the pictures and such are on the SD Card. Thanks to those trying to help me get it running.