OG Droid won't boot. Not even M logo

Leingod

Reaction score
While at work today, my droid froze. I was currently running Liquid gingerbread 2.3. I pulled the battery, restarted and now the phone won't boot at all. I just get a backlit screen. No recovery, no M logo, nothing. What have I done, and how do i fix it?

OP
L

Leingod

Reaction score
Can you run me thru the steps? I can't remember. I have RSD currently running with the sbf file, but it won't allow me to click the start button. Drivers are installed also. Holding power + up does nothing. Same as Power + X.

OP
L

Leingod

Reaction score
RSD will not let me click the "start" button.It just remains all greyed out. I am at a loss here... I have no idea what to do...

OP
L

Leingod

Reaction score
Finally got to flash it using the file. Still doesn't boot up into anything. Guess I am totally screwed?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
This might be a random question but does it seem like the device is running after you try and boot? Like can you get any tactile feedback when you feel screen? My old droid, my first.... broke. I could see the backlight a tad when i attempted to boot but the display showed nothing. I could then feel the bootscreen click twice and then tactile feedback while touchy my screen at random spots. In other words it worked fine but the screen didnt. This kind of sounds like your problem... The solution that i could find was to take phone apart and replace digitizer (something like that) , or to go to vz and warrenty exchange it.

OP
L

Leingod

Reaction score
That's what I began to think too. but I get no tactile feedback at all. No vibrations, no sounds, nothing. It's literally just a dead phone with a blacklit screen running when i power it on. I have no idea what to do with it anymore...

OP
L

Leingod

Reaction score
Yea, I have tried everything. Removed SD. pulled battery couple hundred times, etc. Nothing works. I think the phone is just dead...