2.2 --> Recovery gone?

ljholland

Reaction score
Installed 2.2 on my rooted droid. I went to install the new radio baseband and restarted the Droid, holding down the "X" button. It would not load the recovery console. Eventually, the M logo flashed and re-appeared ... it seemed to be doing a loop - but the recovery console never loaded. I pulled the battery and it restarted normally.

Do I need to reinstall something?

Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Installed 2.2 on my rooted droid. I went to install the new radio baseband and restarted the Droid, holding down the "X" button. It would not load the recovery console. Eventually, the M logo flashed and re-appeared ... it seemed to be doing a loop - but the recovery console never loaded. I pulled the battery and it restarted normally.

Do I need to reinstall something?

Thanks!

It shouldn't loop. You might try doing a factory data reset on your Droid and then launch into recovery. I can't guarantee that will work. Other then that you'd have to reinstall SPRecovery. I'm not rooted and it didn't remove it from my Droid when I installed.

OP
L

ljholland

Reaction score
Anyone have a quick link for SPRecovery?

Thanks!

OP
L

ljholland

Reaction score
Dang....all the way back to 2.1? That sucks.

les017

Reaction score
I'm no help here, but I had the same thing happen to me. But only for Clock Work Recovery. I normally use SPR and it worked fine, but when I flashed CW via ROM Manager I had the exact same issue when I tried holding the X. The Droid only actually boot looted "while"holding the X. Then when I let go it would proceed to boot normally.

Was the OP using CW or SPR? Anyone else?

dave4100

Reaction score
My fix was to go into Rom manager and flash SPRecovery, then CW Recovery and reboot the phone holding down the X and that worked for me.

OP
L

ljholland

Reaction score
Woot! That fixed it!

Whew....I was dreading having to run through all of the installs again.

les017

Reaction score
My fix was to go into Rom manager and flash SPRecovery, then CW Recovery and reboot the phone holding down the X and that worked for me.

Looks like some others are also having issues with Cwr, whether on Froyo or not. Seems another"fix" may be to flash CWR via ROM Manager and then clear download cache. I guess this is why I stick with SPR, theres just never any issues.

www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/47580-rooted-stuck-m-when-trying-boot-into-recovery.html

jimnutt

Reaction score
Clearing the download cache and then reflashing Clockwork twice from ROM manager worked for me. It didn't look like it flashed properly the first time (no progress bar at the top), but it did the second time.