[Official] Turbo 2 M update thread

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This particular instance, I disagree. Your original write up was very concise and easily understandable to the point where I am sure ANY Android end user, even the most clueless, could have figured it out.

Hey...stop calling me clueless. :D

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Ok, first of all I was teasing you. I know you know that.

Yes, I did!

But since you felt the need to expound...
;)
I'm known for going overboard with explanation (and pictures),
I know. ;)

but not everyone has a high aptitude for this kind of stuff like you, and many people actually find great benefit.
This particular instance, I disagree. Your original write up was very concise and easily understandable to the point where I am sure ANY Android end user, even the most clueless, could have figured it out. You ARE good.

The only part I think someone might not know is how to eject the sim tray. Some people might not have ever done that, I suppose.

I've gotten lots of thanks for past tutorials.
Including a few from me, I'm sure.

And as someone who think he is pretty good as writing training materials for my co-workers, I can assure you: It is easy to go overboard.
(Not saying you did FoxKat)
You don't need to show every single screen of that software installation or how to unzip that file... you need to have faith in your writing skills that you are painting such a concise picture with your words that adding too many pictures can actually be detrimental.

Well thanks for all the complements, but you're making me blush!

Still, each photo I showed was for a unique step and since this is a critical process and each step is just as critical as the others, one missed step means the whole process is wasted. However I may have been able to combine a couple steps along the way into one or another photo, but my concern is that I might lose a certain few and I wanted everyone to succeed 100% of the time as I am able to now with this process.

Wait...what were we talking about? :D

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Downloading now as well. Praying I don't regret this..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well, good luck to you both.

I have a request for you both...since you're both taking the update, would either of you be willing to give it a try activating the Mobile Hotspot as described above afterwards to confirm or deny that it still works? You wouldn't actually have to use it, just see if it activates and stays active after the network authenticates you. Once you've confirmed it stays active you can simply click the Hotspot icon again and it will turn off and stay off for good until and if you decide to activate again using the same process should you decide you need to use it.

There is no risk of any kind of repercussions to you or to your account, and you'd be doing me and ask the other Turbo 2 owners who use this feature a huge favor.

JRParsons

Reaction score
Well, good luck to you both.

I have a request for you both...since you're both taking the update, would either of you be willing to give it a try activating the Mobile Hotspot as described above afterwards to confirm or deny that it still works? You wouldn't actually have to use it, just see if it activates and stays active after the network authenticates you. There is no risk of any kind of repercussions, and you'd be doing me and ask the other Turbo 2 owners who use this feature a huge favor.

Although I didn't fully read the procedure, would it matter if I don't have unlimited data. I would assume that no matter what happens my mobile Hotspot feature should work.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Hmmm, Pere is taking the update? I may have my Guinea Pig (no insult intended, mind you )!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If you don't have UDP, you should have hotpsot access already. I'm not sure I'd trust it staying connected without a UDP.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Although I didn't fully read the procedure, would it matter if I don't have unlimited data. I would assume that no matter what happens my mobile Hotspot feature should work.

If you don't have UDP, you should have hotpsot access already. I'm not sure I'd trust it staying connected without a UDP.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Correct, Jonny... I should have clarified. I only need someone who has UDP and doesn't currently pay for Hotspot. That may eliminate both of you.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I have HotSpot through work. Does that matter? I assume disabling that and trying would answer your question Foxy?

/edit/ Typing together. Guess I'm out.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yeah, us with UDP at a relatively few. Sigh...

Thanks anyway, Pere.

JRParsons

Reaction score
It eliminates me. I get by on 12gb/month.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good luck folks. Enjoy some sticky Marshmallow goodness! :D

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yeah, us with UDP at a relatively few. Sigh...

Thanks anyway, Pere.

Eliminates me also FoxKat. I changed my plan back in November to save a ton of money each month, and free Hotspot comes with my current plan. Sorry, otherwise I would be more than happy to help.