The Official 'I just got my Droid Turbo 2' Thread!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Gudasau, Gudasau, Gudasau.......I TRIED to get you to go with the Sammy. All Galaxy S models have the features you are so desperately missing right now.
But hey, it's nice to hear you have no regrets, THAT my friend is what's important here. Your fellow Turbo fans here will help you find compatible apps & workarounds for many of the features this device is lacking so hang in there.

S5 tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Gudasau, Gudasau, Gudasau.......I TRIED to get you to go with the Sammy. All Galaxy S models have the features you are so desperately missing right now.
But hey, it's nice to hear you have no regrets, THAT my friend is what's important here. Your fellow Turbo fans here will help you find compatible apps & workarounds for many of the features this device is lacking so hang in there.

S5 tap'n
Now who has the tin foil hat on way too tight?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force

S5 tap'n
Lemme tell ya, cr6, I came > < close to pulling the trigger on a Sammy, but just couldn't stomach the thought of going back to little blinking LEDs after being totally spoiled with the active display and hands free features (though I apparently no longer have my magical music launch I grew to love).
If it's any consolation, the oldest spawn is planning on moving from his Maxx to a Sammy next month. I'll get to compare the two and will get back with you on my 2 cents.
As for the help I've received here, I've said it before and I'll say it again, y'all rock! Dealing with phones, computers, smartwatches, etc tend to give me serious stress when things don't run smoothly. This place, and you folks, take the sting out of it and help resolve the issue du jour.
Hoping I will be able to pay forward now.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
What is magical music launch?

Sent from Turbo II
On the Maxx, we were able to go into Assist and set it to launch a music app automatically. The new way of doing things on the Turbo 2 doesn't offer it. I called it magical (because the rest of my family wasn't aware of it at first), it's not an app, if I misled you, sorry.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Whenever my phone connects to my cars Bluetooth, the music player I used last automagically launches. Has on all my Moto phones. No need for extra Sammy bloat. :D

Sent from Turbo II

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Lemme tell ya, cr6, I came > < close to pulling the trigger on a Sammy, but just couldn't stomach the thought of going back to little blinking LEDs after being totally spoiled with the active display and hands free features (though I apparently no longer have my magical music launch I grew to love).
If it's any consolation, the oldest spawn is planning on moving from his Maxx to a Sammy next month. I'll get to compare the two and will get back with you on my 2 cents.
As for the help I've received here, I've said it before and I'll say it again, y'all rock! Dealing with phones, computers, smartwatches, etc tend to give me serious stress when things don't run smoothly. This place, and you folks, take the sting out of it and help resolve the issue du jour.
Hoping I will be able to pay forward now.

I understand.
But just an FYI.... the blinking notifications can be turned off and you can use other third party options, and the S7 does have an active display, which displays the time/date/weather. Along with a completely hands free option.
That being said, despite my blatantly obvious Sammy fanboi'ism... I'm just bustin your chops. You DO have a solid device and I know you'll be happy with it once you get it set up to your liking.
I look forward to hearing about your oldest's upcoming Sammy review.

S5 tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I understand.
But just an FYI.... the blinking notifications can be turned off and you can use other third party options, and the S7 does have an active display, which displays the time/date/weather. Along with a completely hands free option.
That being said, despite my blatantly obvious Sammy fanboi'ism... I'm just bustin your chops. You DO have a solid device and I know you'll be happy with it once you get it set up to your liking.
I look forward to hearing about your oldest's upcoming Sammy review.

S5 tap'n
You will be assimilated into Moto soon. Put your tin foil hat back on.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

Nick D

Reaction score
I picked up a T2 a couple of weeks ago replace my Droid Maxx that I dropped & cracked the screen. So far I am really loving it, especially the turbo charging feature, it's incredible. There are a couple of things that I miss from my Maxx.

I am now waiting on 2 more to arrive this week. I bought one for my wife to replace her Maxx, since she is running out of space. I also bought one for my daughter for her 13th B-Day today, it is arriving this afternoon. Can I say that I love Swappa!

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I picked up a T2 a couple of weeks ago replace my Droid Maxx that I dropped & cracked the screen. So far I am really loving it, especially the turbo charging feature, it's incredible. There are a couple of things that I miss from my Maxx.

I am now waiting on 2 more to arrive this week. I bought one for my wife to replace her Maxx, since she is running out of space. I also bought one for my daughter for her 13th B-Day today, it is arriving this afternoon. Can I say that I love Swappa!

Awesome! I just moved into my T2 for the same reason. Got mine from Swappa too!
Yes, there are some things I miss too, but there are some new features I'm really diggin'. In time, we'll forget what we miss, I think....
As for the rest of the family, they're on their own to upgrade :p

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I was camping on Sat with some family. Of course what's the #1 thing you need when you camp? Flashlight. I think half my family want a Moto phone now because they saw me using twist-to-flash all night and commenting on it.

My cousin (in law) said at one point: "OK now you're just showing off." hahaha -and then asks "Is there an app that will do that on iPhone?"
You think Apple would allow an app that kind of access to the camera LED? I reallllly doubt it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

Congrats on the new phones @Nick D ! :cool: