Official STOCK 901 Update Thread (No Rooting Discussions)

brunla

Reaction score
Unfortunately for us STOCK users, other threads get bogged down in root discussions. I would like to know what experience people are having with the 901 update on basic stock phones. PLEASE NO ROOT DISCUSSIONS IN THIS THREAD!

What are the positive changes you have noticed?
What issues are you experiencing?

deduct

Reaction score
Been stock 901 for a week now. This build has fixed almost all problems with my phone. Before i was having data drops at least 3 times a day and bsod once a week. Now i might have 1 data drop daily which will resolve itself in a minute at most. No more bsod! I really have not messed with camera much since update. Seems about the same as before. So far this update has been amazing. Was running 5.7 before i one click fixed. 901 out performs 5.7 by a long shot. Now, if verizon would just get their poop together and fix the network.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
B

brunla

Reaction score
That's good to hear. BSOD was the worst bug for me. You never know when it happens and miss calls and data.
Have you noticed any battery issues when you reboot. Some say at 70% and then do a reboot and it says 100%. So battery meter isn't accurate.
Still waiting for 901 update...

deduct

Reaction score
No battery problems to speak of as of yet. If anything, it seems my battery performs better. Phone switches between 3g and 4g are much faster now. I think that in itself has alot to do with better battery life.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

LR1

Reaction score
Ok...yesterday had to reset phone to get the 89...update...

How do you get the .901?

Help.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
On my Bionic the battery life has improved about 4 hours. No change in data, but I never had the problems others have had even before either update.

There is one quirk with the Yahoo email app. Sometimes when I get notification of a new Yahoo email and pull the notifcation bar down and touch the message, I get a quick "not responding" message and the home screen. Tapping on the Yahoo email icon is no problem and it doesn't happen all the time. It's like the Yahoo app is unable to launch. Still it doesn't happen all the time.

Bionic4Ever

Reaction score
Ok, I need some help please. I am a noob at this so please bare with me. I tried downloading the 901 update from the link above but it tells me it's invalid. But, I have downloaded that exact link from another droid forum and have gotten as far as moving the file to my sd card, zipping the file to update-1. zip, attempting to flash from stock recovery, but then get an error message stating installation aborted. What am I doing wrong??? This phone is killing me with its constant random shut downs and data drops and i just can't wait any longer for verizon to actually send the update to me OTA. Please help!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I need some help please. I am a noob at this so please bare with me. I tried downloading the 901 update from the link above but it tells me it's invalid. But, I have downloaded that exact link from another droid forum and have gotten as far as moving the file to my sd card, zipping the file to update-1. zip, attempting to flash from stock recovery, but then get an error message stating installation aborted. What am I doing wrong??? This phone is killing me with its constant random shut downs and data drops and i just can't wait any longer for verizon to actually send the update to me OTA. Please help!!!

I did it by leaving the name intact as Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip.

Bionic4Ever

Reaction score
Okay, how did you do that? Because as soon as I save the link to my phone it automatically changes the name to download.htm

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay, how did you do that? Because as soon as I save the link to my phone it automatically changes the name to download.htm

I downloaded it to my computer and transferred it to the SD-EXT card on my phone. I know people have downloaded it straight to their phone, but I don't now the procedure.

sr.torres22

Reaction score
If its 5.5.893 your looking for. Try resetting your phone. Every time i checked for updates. I kept getting no updates available at this time. Make sure to back up your Google account. Should be under Privacy settings. As soon as i resetted my phone i got the 893 update. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If its 5.5.893 your looking for. Try resetting your phone. Every time i checked for updates. I kept getting no updates available at this time. Make sure to back up your Google account. Should be under Privacy settings. As soon as i resetted my phone i got the 893 update. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Thank you for your suggestions, but this is about the 5.9.901 update that came to a couple dozen people and is available on Post #6. Several have installed it manually and we're seeing what's different. Some have noticed better data connection and others (like me) that have better battery.

Bionic4Ever

Reaction score
Sorry, I must be slow because I see your post #6 but I don't see where you say how to keep it from changing the name when you save the link to your phone.