Official slim Galaxy S3 3000 mah extended battery kit tomorrow

WestOkid

Reaction score
Official Galaxy S3 Extended Battery Almost Here, Stays Thin

I can surely use a few extra hours my SIII, but I would never by the typical extended battery. They take your beautifully svelte smartphone and turn it into a brick. Well according to this, Samsung will start offering a 3000 mah extended battery kit that still manages to keep the phone thin. If this is true, I am first in line. Though I am skeptical - Why no word of this on the Samsung site? Why Amazon Germany? Will this work on US version of S3?

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Official Galaxy S3 Extended Battery Almost Here, Stays Thin

I can surely use a few extra hours my SIII, but I would never by the typical extended battery. They take your beautifully svelte smartphone and turn it into a brick. Well according to this, Samsung will start offering a 3000 mah extended battery kit that still manages to keep the phone thin. If this is true, I am first in line. Though I am skeptical - Why no word of this on the Samsung site? Why Amazon Germany? Will this work on US version of S3?

Sounds cool and weird to be honest

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

justin482005

Reaction score
Yeah I bought the 3800 Mah and it makes my phone a brick and feels akward in the hand. I will def buy one if it is slim! For sure.

jwilly216

Reaction score
Obviously the stock battery cover won't fit an extended battery- it comes with a slightly"thicker"one. Does anyone have any idea when this will be available at Verizon?I called n they had no idea it even existed. Tried to tell me you can't have one for the s3

Iuvussac

Reaction score
Probably some Noname company decided to earn money on S3 popularity by producing this battery kit. Doubt this is official, so try it on your oun risk.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
It is official by Samsung. It is coming this month but only over in the UK can you order it. I read somewhere on the xda forums that a couple of people from the USA ordered it and the site won't ship it to them for another 2 month. But yah, it's official. I can't wait to get this battery.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Enticing but undecided. If you watch the video you can see how bulky it is. Not too bad, but it doesn't look like it'll work with all cases. Maybe some, but I wouldn't count on Otterbox being one of them since they're so tight fitted.

OP
WestOkid

WestOkid

Reaction score
It is official by Samsung. It is coming this month but only over in the UK can you order it. I read somewhere on the xda forums that a couple of people from the USA ordered it and the site won't ship it to them for another 2 month. But yah, it's official. I can't wait to get this battery.

Anyone know why Samsung would not release a battery to all regions? It's not a phone, its a battery. This is what makes me skeptical.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Anyone know why Samsung would not release a battery to all regions? It's not a phone, its a battery. This is what makes me skeptical.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty much the same reasons as with phones. For one it's different technology so I don't think those batteries would even work in ours. It's also a marketing tool to build excitement through jealousy. It'll also make it easier on the company to deal with returns, technical issues, customer support etc.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Pretty much the same reasons as with phones. For one it's different technology so I don't think those batteries would even work in ours. It's also a marketing tool to build excitement through jealousy. It'll also make it easier on the company to deal with returns, technical issues, customer support etc.

Yes it will work with our phones. The difference between the International s3 and USA is ours has a dual core processor and the International has a quad core and of course ours (verizon) doesn't have gsm. The battery will work. It's just technology over in the UK is always first to receive it. :-(

OP
WestOkid

WestOkid

Reaction score
Just wanted to wake up this old thread because the Slim S3 extended battery is now available in U.S. I picked it up last month and haven't looked back. It really makes a huge difference particularly for those of us that use to get through the day, but with our fingers crossed. This is the way to go for anyone wanting extra Juice without turning their phone into a brick. Amazon.com: Genuine Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 Extended Battery Kit 3000mAh + Blue Cover: Electronics. There is also a TPU case by Diztronic that comes in a variety of colors Amazon.com: Diztronic Pink GlitterFlex Extended Battery Flexible TPU Case for Samsung Galaxy S III (Works with Genuine Samsung 3000 mAh Extended Battery Kit Only) - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories . I personally go naked. Extended battery cover and weight actually improves the grip of the S3.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Sweet!! Would love to see Samsung release a 3000 mAh battery for the S4.

Reaction score
I just wish Otterbox would make a Defender case to fit this battery and then I would be all over it. I asked them and they told me that they had no plans to do so.