Official Gingerbread for the Droid X2 - 2.3.3/4.5.1A-DTN-117-15 (Rooted) - P3Droid

barski

Reaction score
Official Gingerbread for the Droid X2 - 2.3.3/4.5.1A-DTN-117-15 (Rooted)

Verizon has decided to push out an official test of Gingerbread to the soak group. We have taken this update and pre-rooted for all of the rooted users out there. Please follow the directions carefully to make sure that your upgrade goes seamlessly. If something does go wrong don't sweat it, this update does update the bootloader but it does not block downgrading using the leaked sbf file that can be found below.

Directions:

To use either update your phone must be on stock firmware. If you have removed items and can not restore them you will need to use the sbf file leaked by daywalker04. The file is found below. You will need to use RSDLite 5.0 or higher to flash this file to your phone.

Stock Froyo SBF File: Thread to download

Directions Stock Update:
1) Download and rename zip to update.zip
1) Place the file on the root of your sdcard.
2) Enter stock recovery
3) Select install update.zip (or something similar)

Stock update zip file: (Can only be used be used on fully stock firmware, no root is available).

Download 1:Download

Directions: Pre-Rooted Update Zip

1) Place the file from below on the root of your sdcard.
2) Enter bootstrap recovery
3) Select install update.zip from sdcard (or something similar)
4) Navigate to and install the zip

Download 1:Download

From P3droid over at MyDroidWorld

EDIT: Looks like MikeJ92YJ beat me to the punch. Mod/ admin feel free to remove or merge. since the thread wasn't removed i decided to add the information.

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
Check out this thread over at MyDroidWorld. Looks very promising.

I'll update this thread with the info once its released.

EDIT: Looks like MikeJ92YJ beat me to the punch. Mod/ admin feel free to remove or merge.

Sorry I Saw It XDA And Wanted To Spread The News, Then I Went To The Site And There Are Links Yet.

no problem. i had the same idea of spreading the news. just can't wait for it to be released.dancedroid

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Check out this thread over at MyDroidWorld. Looks very promising.

I'll update this thread with the info once its released.

EDIT: Looks like MikeJ92YJ beat me to the punch. Mod/ admin feel free to remove or merge.

Sorry I Saw It XDA And Wanted To Spread The News, Then I Went To The Site And There Are Links Yet.

no problem. i had the same idea of spreading the news. just can't wait for it to be released.dancedroid

Ya Us And A Whole Sh*t Load Of Others Haha.

juice2013

Reaction score
Have the download links been posted yet? I see the directions but theres no links.

ravinaziankid

Reaction score
I followed all the directions, I had the new gingerbread pre rooted and it was working fine. I used titanium backup to get all my apps and everything restored. I also applied the v6 supercharge script. When I went to restart the phone, it would get stuck in the part where it says "Droid", it would keep repeating "Droid" until I pull out the battery. Anyone know what went wrong?

EDIT: I did a reset and it seems fine, I'm going to restore my apps only this time and see if i run into any problems.

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
I followed all the directions, I had the new gingerbread pre rooted and it was working fine. I used titanium backup to get all my apps and everything restored. I also applied the v6 supercharge script. When I went to restart the phone, it would get stuck in the part where it says "Droid", it would keep repeating "Droid" until I pull out the battery. Anyone know what went wrong?

EDIT: I did a reset and it seems fine, I'm going to restore my apps only this time and see if i run into any problems.

Everytime i flash a new rom or install any updates I like to do a factory/ data reset. Seems like i have less bugs doing it that way.

rottenpixies

Reaction score
I have my X2 on this update pr-rooted with all my bloat-ware removed, my phone is now screaming fast.

If anyone has problem with homescreen lag, try using LauncherPro. To this day whether its Froyo or Gingerbread, my X and X2 only transition smoothly with LauncherPro. ADW always lagged for me along with the stock home. If you're not happy with your home screen speed, try it! Any friends I have with X's were so happy when I installed it on theirs.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
I have my X2 on this update pr-rooted with all my bloat-ware removed, my phone is now screaming fast.

If anyone has problem with homescreen lag, try using LauncherPro. To this day whether its Froyo or Gingerbread, my X and X2 only transition smoothly with LauncherPro. ADW always lagged for me along with the stock home. If you're not happy with your home screen speed, try it! Any friends I have with X's were so happy when I installed it on theirs.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

I Agree LPP Has Never Let Me Down, Have Been Running This Launcher Since Last Feb. When I Got My D1.

joey2cool

Reaction score
What if you were never rooted and installed the regular gingerbread 2.3.3 update, is there a way for me to go back or install the pre-rooted gingerbread 2.3.3 version?

xgrinder911

Reaction score
You know im running stock gingerbread debloated with only the sd booster tweak and its running more smooth than when I V6 it

DX2T