Official Gingerbread for the Droid X2 - 2.3.3/4.5.1A-DTN-117-15 (Rooted) - P3Droid

chief10rules

Reaction score
How did you remove bloatware from the pre rooted Gingerbread release by P3Droid?

I have my X2 on this update pr-rooted with all my bloat-ware removed, my phone is now screaming fast.

If anyone has problem with homescreen lag, try using LauncherPro. To this day whether its Froyo or Gingerbread, my X and X2 only transition smoothly with LauncherPro. ADW always lagged for me along with the stock home. If you're not happy with your home screen speed, try it! Any friends I have with X's were so happy when I installed it on theirs.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

How did you remove bloatware from the pre rooted Gingerbread release by P3Droid? Any help is greatly appreciated!

wrxman17

Reaction score
hey how come your directions are very different compared to here?
HTML:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1193818

JoshuaBardwell

Reaction score
Directions: Pre-Rooted Update Zip

1) Place the file from below on the root of your sdcard.
2) Enter bootstrap recovery
3) Select install update.zip from sdcard (or something similar)
4) Navigate to and install the zip

Download 1:Download

When I perform these steps, the recovery console tells me that the signature verification on update.zip failed. Any advice?

wrxman17

Reaction score
Hey so it says It cannot find my file when I select Apply SDCARD : update.zip. update.zip is in /sdcard do I need to select a different option in the bootstrap recovery? I saw install from sd card? will that work?

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Hey so it says It cannot find my file when I select Apply SDCARD : update.zip. update.zip is in /sdcard do I need to select a different option in the bootstrap recovery? I saw install from sd card? will that work?

Always Use The "Install From SD Card" That Way You Can Move The File To Different Folders.

wrxman17

Reaction score
I still get the same error its like it doesn't see that file

wrxman17

Reaction score
Do I have to wipe my data for this to work?

wrxman17

Reaction score
hey so i wiped everything and it still can't find that file. What should I do

wrxman17

Reaction score
Great thanks and I don't think you have to do a system wipe to install....
Also do you know if my apps will show updates if I had restored them from backup because they don't show up as installed on the market