Official FRF84B Froyo Issues, Changes, Solutions Thread

coondogg97

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get the multitouch keyboard to work with the Froyo roms? It works very well with 2.1 and I would really like to get it working.

I have been using Smart Keyboard for months as a multi touch keyboard and it works great.

chart

Smart Keyboard

erikfig

Reaction score
Does people only want this because is a new release? I did not see any difference between this release and FRF83 BBv0.1. Same quadrant scores same speed, I don't get it. I'm a huge fan of Pete but in the new BB v0.4 I'm really dissapointed. No theme at all? Common! The white notification bar blurry my freaking eyes

I just whent back to Froyo FRF83 so I can use Black Ice theme...

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks, but if I install that, I get my 2.1 apps back, will the Market not realize I'm using 2.2 and not give me access to 2.2 available apps in the market? That's my biggest fear.

Well my friend, that's the value of a backup, make one then run the market fix, test, and if not, then go back. :)

Seems the market affects each user differently.

I just backed up my current in use froyo, may install that virgin one from pete later today, then change the kernal, man a lot of work just to see if the apps I place on SD will retain their icons after rebooting ... :)

dmartins

Reaction score
Sorry to sound stupid, my main issue I'm having is my Beautiful Widgets and WB Elite are missing now. They work, but can't update if an update would come out. Is this an install where you put it on the SD card, rename it to update.zip and use SPRecovery?
Oops.
Yea just install as an update.zip.
Worked fine for me in SPRecovery.
Ok thanks, but if I install that, I get my 2.1 apps back, will the Market not realize I'm using 2.2 and not give me access to 2.2 available apps in the market? That's my biggest fear.
The only 2.2 specific app I know of is adobe flash and that never shows up on the Droid.
I have apps installed for 2.2 that have move to sd card enabled and they updated fine in the last leak.
I had the same fix installed for it.

Dr.Soul

Reaction score
Ok installed this rom last night rebooted this morning to show a friend my boot animation of the android guy pissing on the apple and now some app icons are gone for programs (Pandora, Flixter, Google Sky Maps and Jewels) and these apps are missing in the app drawer but they work if I select them from a home screen. Any ideas?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok installed this rom last night rebooted this morning to show a friend my boot animation of the android guy pissing on the apple and now some app icons are gone for programs (Pandora, Flixter, Google Sky Maps and Jewels) and these apps are missing in the app drawer but they work if I select them from a home screen. Any ideas?

You weren't reading ...

You had those installed to SD before you updated, go into market and find them, install.

Then if necessary, manage applications, click move to SD, it will fail, click again and it will be back.

however when you reboot you will lose the app icon and have just the android icon for them.

Dr.Soul

Reaction score

Just remembered these were app I moved to the sd card moved back to phone reboot and........... bam they are back!

papy72

Reaction score
I noticed in the stock music player that every album I have is listed twice. Any idea what I might be able to do to fix that?

I've tried running SDRescan, which had no affect.

Edit: Make that every music app has double albums now. Ugh.

Last edited:

xconwayx

Reaction score
I just attempted to hard wire tether into my computer after the install of this ROM. I get welcomed to a Verizon screen asking for me to subscribe to their 25 dollar a month tethering plan. Anyone else?

papy72

Reaction score
Wired tether goes to a verizon page. Any ideas?
Is the wired tether part of the standard Froyo package, or something you added on? If it's stock then I imagine that VZ has made it so you have to buy their addon to use it.

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
Boot Loop

I did a data wipe, I installed FRF84b and it worked fine. I then installed chevyno1 1200mhz kernel and the blue energy theme, still worked good. I created a nandroid backup of that without signing into google account so as others could use it. after creating backup I did a data wipe so that I could sign into google during initial setup and my phone would auto restore all of my apps. After the data wipe upon reboot it entered into a boot loop and now is stuck there. I will restore my backup and use titanium to restore my apps but, I thought you would like to know of this issue.

xconwayx

Reaction score
Wired tether goes to a verizon page. Any ideas?
Is the wired tether part of the standard Froyo package, or something you added on? If it's stock then I imagine that VZ has made it so you have to buy their addon to use it.

Yes, I have not added ANYTHING. I did the standard Wireless & networks, from there selected tether. I type in google.com, it'll sit there for a bit and turn. Then brings up the nice Verizon page.

sparty5389

Reaction score
I renamed the file to update.zip and put it on the SDcard - wiped 3 times, then went to install and the install aborted....what am I doing wrong?

I am running the prior froyo release from a couple weeks ago, fyi.

mising

Reaction score
I have been very happy with it so far, the only problem I have had is while tethering. On all of the pre-2.2 ROMs, While tethered, either wired or wireless, my phone would stay fully charged as long as I had it plugged in via USB. Now, on all of the 2.2 ROMs I have tried, After using WiFi or USB Tether ( I use the apps downloaded from the market) for about an hour, my battery has dropped to about 80% and after a few more hours will be at 20%. My battery indicator shows charging, and if I turn off tethering, it will be fully charged again in about 30 minutes. It is almost as if tethering is keeping the battery from charging properly.
I am using the newly released FRF84B at the moment and aside from that issue, it has been great!