Official Broken Apps thread for Froyo

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Moto Torch recently updated. While it worked for me on the Froyo leak (w/ no theme) it does not work with Team Chaos theme Clean Black.

Only reason I'm posting.... before the MT update, when clicking on the MT widget I received an error and then it FC'd (normal). Now after the update, when clicking on the MT widget I hear the camera 'clicks' start and then nothing, no error and no FC, but the light never turns on. Found this very odd.

DroidFan88

Reaction score
I had Pete's V0.1 rom on yesterday and I was listening to baseball games through MLB AtBat and it wouldn't shut off. The game kept streaming the whole time I autokilled it and tried it with 2 different app killers. Neither worked. No matter what I did, it kept going, even autokilling it wouldn't work and I couldn't even shut off my phone. I had to pull the battery to shut it down. I tried it 2 more times to see if it was the app or the ROM but I think it was the ROM since I never had the issue before and I'm testing ROM's all the time.

dclutter1

Reaction score
Moto Torch recently updated. While it worked for me on the Froyo leak (w/ no theme) it does not work with Team Chaos theme Clean Black.

Only reason I'm posting.... before the MT update, when clicking on the MT widget I received an error and then it FC'd (normal). Now after the update, when clicking on the MT widget I hear the camera 'clicks' start and then nothing, no error and no FC, but the light never turns on. Found this very odd.

The flashlight in Switchpro Widget 1.7 stopped working after applying 928s black glass theme on Froyo.

Try Tesla flashlight, it works for me even though SPW doesn't.

Saintsfanatik

Reaction score
Corporate Contacts is borked...

The Motorola app Corporate Contacts is broken. Whenever I search for a contact in it, I now get a sync error. I've cleared the app data, uninstalled, and even nuked my Droid and reinstalled. No joy. Anyone else having issues with this app? It really sucks not being able to lookup contacts from Exchange without it.

kimsballs

Reaction score
Skype forcing close every time I login too, sucks as this is the only way i have to talk o my son right now.

n0m0n

Reaction score
I have skype installed in my Droid and have recently upgraded to froyo.
Skype fc's after I try to sign in, this a known issue?

Thanks

Yaba

Reaction score
There is no official Skype for android now. There was, but they stopped it for some
reason. You can try "Fring" which is very comfortable to get Skype on your device.
It also supports video calls. Wonderful app.

n0m0n

Reaction score
There is no official Skype for android now. There was, but they stopped it for some
reason. You can try "Fring" which is very comfortable to get Skype on your device.
It also supports video calls. Wonderful app.

Never used fring but you think its = to skype?
Does it allow for free calls to mobile?
What about to landline phones?

Never really used fring.

Thanks

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score

Hmm, on second release of froyo, no themes, MT began working, until he released the new update this week.

On his site for help thru market, he states he doesnt know why, blaming source code in froyo, because it works on his N1 running 2.2. Well to me if it worked on the leaked ROM prior to his update, then his update did it.

Most likely this had to do with getting to the muh brighter setting of the LED's when ignited (hehehe) for video, vice the camera. So his app for us on the droid hits the camera/video app, but no lights.

It could get corrected when we get the official release, but I don't see him making an attempt to correct. Luckily, I just grabbed my backup from astro of the previous version. Frankly I don't like the idea of using them THAT bright for any length of time, would be a big batt drainer too.

Yaba

Reaction score
Hi again.
Fring lets you use Skype as you use it with its original app. The same functions
you have on Skype, you can do there. Skype to Skype, Skype out and receive calls
with Skype.
It lets you use a few apps, like Google voice (if you are in the right country and others).
You can choose the apps that come up when you load it or leave it working in the
background. If you want only Skype, no prob.

OP
FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
Use Droid Light by Motorola instead of Mototorch if you are having issues. Rolling back to the last release also might work still.

n0m0n

Reaction score
Hi again.
Fring lets you use Skype as you use it with its original app. The same functions
you have on Skype, you can do there. Skype to Skype, Skype out and receive calls
with Skype.
It lets you use a few apps, like Google voice (if you are in the right country and others).
You can choose the apps that come up when you load it or leave it working in the
background. If you want only Skype, no prob.

I don't see it.
There is no Skype option.
Maybe its to new to me but I havent gotten this to work "yet".
Thanks

MrC1122

Reaction score
for those of you still having problems with a led light, try "tesla flashlight"...works great!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I tried Skype the other day and it didn't work, force closed on me every time. Why was somebody saying there is no official app for Skype for Android, of course there is. Obviously it just doesn't work with 2.2.

Not a deal killer for me. The developer will need to make this compatible for future 2.2 launches so I wouldn't be surprised to see an update soon.