"Official" Beautiful Widgets Skinning Thread

seang

Reaction score
ok... is that a your creation? can I upload it?
if not tell me and I'll remove it
amazing theme
not my creation. dont think you should upload it either. it belongs to the darkedge team, and they have redistribution rules. id check with em.

shochman

Reaction score
The HTC Desire skin looks fantastic. Almost a perfect HTC match. The icon is very misleading. The skin does not look at all like the icon.

Rated_R

Reaction score
You didn't attach an image....
weird, wonder what happened there..... doesnt matter though I figured out what the problem was. The .png file for the #3 was named differently that the .png's for the other numbers in the .zip file. Just changed the name of teh #3.png and good to go.

For anyone that might need a step by step of how to do this....

Use root explorer or astro and go to

/sdcard/data/Beautiful Widgets/skins/htcdesire

Locate number_3_crush.png and rename it to number_3.png [remove _crush]

Trash the widget and replace it and you will now have a 3

::EDIT:: Because I apparently cannot read.

Last edited:

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you read the post that you quoted? Look at this part of it:

"I figured out what the problem was. The .png file for the #3 was named differently that the .png's for the other numbers in the .zip file. Just changed the name of teh #3.png and good to go."

:icon_eek:

Rated_R

Reaction score
Did you read the post that you quoted? Look at this part of it:

"I figured out what the problem was. The .png file for the #3 was named differently that the .png's for the other numbers in the .zip file. Just changed the name of teh #3.png and good to go."

:icon_eek:

I fail at reading it seems.

I will change that post a little.

area52

Reaction score
You beat me to it. although I can understand, seeing as my spelling was so poor there

Last edited:

stangdroid

Reaction score
Beautiful widget clocks

I tried putting each of these in my bw folder like others before but they didn't show up in my skins list. Are these a different type of zip file? I went into the file, found the red file and the blue file, and put each into the skins folder. And they are not there, any suggestions?

area52

Reaction score
Did you extract to the skins folder or just remove the file from the zip? Sounds like you did the latter. Try putting the zip file in the skins folder then extract the zip to that directory

Last edited:
Reaction score
upzip those files.... it should be in /sdcard/data/beautifulwidgets/skins/.... folders

Beautiful widget clocks

I tried putting each of these in my bw folder like others before but they didn't show up in my skins list. Are these a different type of zip file? I went into the file, found the red file and the blue file, and put each into the skins folder. And they are not there, any suggestions?