some Shadow info and pics, from a tester

rsarno

Reaction score
I just thought if someone hasn't seen it, they may like to see it.

However, its posted on another forum ... if it is not appropriate for me to post it here, mods please delete this thread i am sorry to break a rule. I didnt want to just steal the info without giving him/them appropriate credit.

*** Official Motorola Shadow Pre-Release Thread*** - Page 2 - Android Forums
(check second page toward the end)

Thanks

CREDIT TO maddigital

I should have this phone on WED this week to test.. hopefully i can confirm some of the items that are already out there.. without breaking nda.. I have a moto droid as my primary and was able to get my hands on it a couple weeks before launch. Same with the Dinc. I havent heard the exact release date but the fact that I am getting one this week may be a sign of a launch in the upcoming weeks.
I just got my hands on the X. Initial impressions.. high build quality. Screen is huge.. very similar to the Evo 4g.. Physical android face buttons are nice. did i say the screen is huge. . Im in the process of charging the battery. Booted with a normal moto screen and went directly to the home page and was greeted to an update notification. it was running a light skin. very responsive menu scrolling. the update applied a heavier skin and when I say skin, its like a launcher wrapper but there are additional options in settings, very similar to features that are in leaked 2.2 for the droid1 but it is running 2.1update1. Ill check in later after i play. Leaked pictures are accurate from what i recieved. I am comparing it to the incredible, droid1 and Nexus 1 I have. Please do not ask for pictures of the device as I cannot and will not provide.
smile.gif
and btw.. i love the screen size..
i cant say much . I wont talk about OS specifics or hardware specifics. I think you can get a good idea from whats out there already.. I am not privy to any release info either. with that said I have a Droid 1 as my personal phone and try every rom that gets released. I was very impressed with the Incredible.. but there was nothing other than thinness that was appealing coming from the droid 1. This phone beats the incredible in build quality and speed at stock settings. it bests the droid 1 in build quality tho it doesnt have moving parts.

more initial impressions that i can share
-high build quality- feels strong - size will be tough for those with small hands
-launcher very similar to some droid1 roms out there as seen in the leaked manual photo
-can install other launchers- launcherpro and helix run FFFAST.. cant seem to get back the original one..it disappeared after installing a new one.. ill figure that one out later..
-Fast fast fast- screens are silky smooth motion left and right and app tray is smooth- smoother than incredible (performance is faster with a launcher from market
-many moto apps
-there is def customization to the core os but it improves 2.1 compared to the droid1 2.1 and the incredible 2.1

das all for now.. time to work