OEM or After Market Battery

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
As many of you ......I hate the life of the battery on this phone ! Being said any suggestions if I was to purchase an OEM Extended battery and cover which is about 50 to 60 bucks versus a after market Extended battery which is possibly half the cost. What are the pro's and con's of doing so? Any recommendations as to what after market battery brands would be suggested. Thanks for all the help guys !

Jared

Last edited:

Beardface

Reaction score
As many of you I hate the life of the battery on this phone ! Being said any suggestions if I was to purchase an OEM which is about 50 to 60 bucks versus a after market which is possibly half the cost. What are the pro's and con's of doing so? Any recommendations as to what after market battery brands would be suggested. Thanks for all the help guys !

Jared
I got the 2750 from Verizon and its awesome. The price is a bit steep up front ($49.99) but since I got it, I have not once even needed to worry if my device would make it through a day, even in 4G areas.

Definitely recommend getting the official one through Verizon. The others can be a bit buggy and sketchy.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
As many of you I hate the life of the battery on this phone ! Being said any suggestions if I was to purchase an OEM which is about 50 to 60 bucks versus a after market which is possibly half the cost. What are the pro's and con's of doing so? Any recommendations as to what after market battery brands would be suggested. Thanks for all the help guys !

Jared
I got the 2750 from Verizon and its awesome. The price is a bit steep up front ($49.99) but since I got it, I have not once even needed to worry if my device would make it through a day, even in 4G areas.

Definitely recommend getting the official one through Verizon. The others can be a bit buggy and sketchy.

what is the 2750>??? is their a brand name or is it htc>?

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4

Jared

what is the 2750>??? is their a brand name or is it htc>?
I know what the 2750 is now lol....its the mah

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
As many of you ......I hate the life of the battery on this phone ! Being said any suggestions if I was to purchase an OEM Extended battery and cover which is about 50 to 60 bucks versus a after market Extended battery which is possibly half the cost. What are the pro's and con's of doing so? Any recommendations as to what after market battery brands would be suggested. Thanks for all the help guys !

Jared

Any other ideas / input

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Switching stock batteries sucks cause the phone won't stay on when plugged in when you remove the battery. My only complaint.

trublond

Reaction score
About 2 weeks ago I bought the HTC extended battery w/cover and the Seido case as a combo. I have been very happy. I am getting 40 hours on a charge. I am not a heavy user but I do a lot of email with it, Pandora/Subsonic/Music/Amazon MP3 player with it over 4G an hour or two a day and have been extremely happy.

PhishyKris

Reaction score
got the 2750 with the phone brand new...its never even had the stock in it. goes all day and has been great. it is the HTC branded battery and I think I got it delivered for about $30. I do have the 25% corp discount though.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Isn't the extended battery cover a PITA in terms of bulky look and no hard shell cover for the phone??...
I am currently using two batteries per day, although today I really only needed the OEM stock batt, but feels nice to have that generic brand stock battery as a backup as well...

One other thing...anyone got a tip on how I can open my battery cover without snapping the damn thing in half!?!?...lmao...my only two complaint thus far for my TBolt...battery life and that damn cover!!:icon_evil:

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I use a penny in the little slot on the top of the phone to pop the case open enough to get my fingernails in and get it the rest of the way off.

awdwhip

Reaction score
I may be a nut swinger for Hyperion as I've been posting about their extended battery pretty often recently, but me personally, I say buy the battery from amazon and call it a day. It's only 20 bucks to your door for a wealth of battery life.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I use a penny in the little slot on the top of the phone to pop the case open enough to get my fingernails in and get it the rest of the way off.
I can pull the slot part apart without problem, but to pull the rest apart I feel like I'm going to snap the cover...I just thought that perhaps there was a certain spot to squeeze to release it or something...

mkopp88

Reaction score
There are a number of cases for the extended battery just look on Amazon

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Switching stock batteries sucks cause the phone won't stay on when plugged in when you remove the battery. My only complaint.
So if i buy the exteneded oem battery the phone will not power on when charging?

crushalot

Reaction score
So if i buy the exteneded oem battery the phone will not power on when charging?

He means that you have to power off the phone in order to switch the batteries I think. Meaning, even if you keep the power cord plugged in, once you remove the battery the phone powers off. Still works fine on power, once a battery is installed.

PS - If you are rooted, many of the ROM's available give you the option to do a a hibernate shutdown, so you can switch batteries, without having to do a full reboot or lose any work or close apps.