Notifications are not loud enough..

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
FYI- I'll be checking in here, from time to time, waiting for the Moto fix. In the meanwhile, i've put my sim card into my trusty N6P, until this problem is resolved. Have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. May the Force be with you all.:p

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
FYI- I'll be checking in here, from time to time, waiting for the Moto fix. In the meanwhile, i've put my sim card into my trusty N6P, until this problem is resolved. Have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. May the Force be with you all.:p
Talk to you soon, Merry Christmas, and Moto will fix it and it will be OK!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
There is a new system update available that claims to address this issue.

It's available right now? I'm going to try it. Thanks

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I can't try it because my phone is at Moto Repair. If the update does fix the sound issue, i would expect them to download it into my phone, before returning it to me. Either way, i'll be deciding between the Samsung Galaxy S8 or the LG G6, and going over to T-Mo. Haha, i'll still be in these forums(i really like this place), just in a different section.:p:p

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Phone came back from Moto, with upgrades ready to download. Got to NCL25.86-11-4-6, and that was the one. Phone working like brand new now. Although the whole thing was aggravating, at least i wasn't charged. Only having the phone for six months, with insurance, helped.:p

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Phone came back from Moto, with upgrades ready to download. Got to NCL25.86-11-4-6, and that was the one. Phone working like brand new now. Although the whole thing was aggravating, at least i wasn't charged. Only having the phone for six months, with insurance, helped.:p
Glad your phone is working now...I did do the update the other day but I wasn't having any problems with the notifications being a low volume before that. I didn't notice anything different after the update at all. It's such a pain when you're having problems with your phone..

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My husband did the update on his note 4 and the only difference he saw was that he now has advanced calling which has hd voice and visual phone which is like Skype"... You also can use your phone on wifi if you don't have a signal from your 4g LTE provider. If you use this feature you can change your location when you're not at home so that emergency 911 can find you if you dial and hang up.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My husband did the update on his note 4 and the only difference he saw was that he now has advanced calling which has hd voice and visual phone which is like Skype"... You also can use your phone on wifi if you don't have a signal from your 4g LTE provider. If you use this feature you can change your location when you're not at home so that emergency 911 can find you if you dial and hang up.

Sounds like he finally received Android 6 Marshmallow. Which is a while OS upgrade and way different than the system version update we just received.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Sounds like he finally received Android 6 Marshmallow. Which is a while OS upgrade and way different than the system version update we just received.

I think he had marshmallow for a long time. He said it messed with a lot of functions on his phone... So I'm not sure what he just got. I suggested he go on the forums and ask questions, and he's considering doing that, or he'll ask our son tomorrow when we babysit. I think he downloads apps that don't get along together.. Our son looks thru his apps and recommends better choices, so maybe this is what he needs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Mine's back to normal, yay!!!

Good deal. It took them longer than most people wanted, but at least they pushed out a fix.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Everybody hold your breath. My sound issue is baaaaack. Incoming phone ringtone starts making the sound after about 5-6 seconds. I have the volume at 100%, and i've spent the last hour trying all the fixes, but no luck. I don't want to jinx it, but so far the texts and email sounds are o.k. This is my third reconditioned phone, so i guess that three is not the charm.:mad:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Everybody hold your breath. My sound issue is baaaaack. Incoming phone ringtone starts making the sound after about 5-6 seconds. I have the volume at 100%, and i've spent the last hour trying all the fixes, but no luck. I don't want to jinx it, but so far the texts and email sounds are o.k. This is my third reconditioned phone, so i guess that three is not the charm.:mad:

Sounds like you are describing Escalating Ringtone. My Z Force has always had an escalating ringtone for calls and Alarms. That's the intended functionality according to Moto & Google and was not part of the recent software update. The call sound will start off very low and get louder with each ring / tone. The update was supposed to fix the low volume sound on all other notification sounds (text, e-mail, etc.).