notification bubble

clarc31

Reaction score
Has anyone had these go away since the jb update? When I get to the lockscreen after a text or missed call I will have the red notification on the phone or message shortcut, but not the floating bubble in the middle of the screen, thought they just did away with it but my wife has an at&t s3 and they still show up (im on Verizon)

drpaul07

Reaction score
same issue with me...i have verizon, my friend has at&t. she still has the notification bubble on the lock screen that you can swipe to get straight to the text. I had it too before the jb update, now its gone :( Can't seem to find an option to bring it back. Anyone else have this issue??

NurseScarlett

Reaction score
Yes, same here. Verizon, lost my notification bubble on my lock screen once I upgraded to JB. I liked that little bubble... :frown:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Ha, that's so funny. I used the stock messaging app when I first got the GS3 but then switched to Handcent. I've been having problems with Handcent the past few days so I uninstalled it and am using stock.

I was so confused because I could've sworn there used to be a little pop up box like there was with Handcent and thought I was either blind or going crazy.....what a reassuring but disappointing thread.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Does anyone know if this is just a GS3 thing? Or all JB devices? Or Verizon devices?

jwilly216

Reaction score
For some reason they couldn't get the stupid notification popup to go away that said you have a missed call and you can swipe it to go to the dialer blah blah n made you click okay to make it go away-
So apparently they just erased the bubble notification altogether. They couldn't fix it so they just got rid of it but I find it odd that Verizon doesn't employ developers than can manipulate the code of a simple bubble

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
What I find odd is that it's on other phones but not Verizon. How is that acceptable? Ugh they're lucky they have the most reliable network because they are the least reliable company. I think maybe even worse than Comcast. At least Comcast has been working on getting better, VZ just get's worse pretty much every day...

moselbee

Reaction score
Double notification?

You guys get this fixed? I don't have this problem and using a gs3 Verizon w handcent... Maybe I can help

Mende

Reaction score
Im still not able to get the bubble. Moselbee u said u still have it. Plz share what needs to be done to get this feature back.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
moselbee is using Handcent, which still get's the pop up. It's only the stock messenger that doesn't get it anymore.

WestOkid

Reaction score
For some reason they couldn't get the stupid notification popup to go away that said you have a missed call and you can swipe it to go to the dialer blah blah n made you click okay to make it go away-
So apparently they just erased the bubble notification altogether. They couldn't fix it so they just got rid of it but I find it odd that Verizon doesn't employ developers than can manipulate the code of a simple bubble

BTW - Verizon doesn't code the OS. It comes from Samsung. Samsung does however follow the direction of the carriers when it comes to features. Either way I liked the bubble too.