Notification bar not showing time correctly

Joserichi

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Basically that, the time on the notification bar doesn't update regularly only sometimes. It can stay at, say, 7:28 for a while and them jump to 7:45 (correct time) and then get stuck on that again until it wants to work again. Every* other app gets the time correctly, like alarms, clock and telegram, and also, locking and unlocking the phone shows correct time on lock screen and forces an update of the notification bar time. The problem persists after several reboots and even a factory reset. What's causing this and how to fix it?
* "Every" doesn't include time-displaying widgets. Every other widget works fine, but the time-displaying ones just don't ever appear on the main screen, not even with a non updated time.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum @Joserichi . What model phone do you have? That may help folks provide the best information & possible solution.

OP
J

Joserichi

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
It's a samsung galaxy s3.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not 100% familiar with all of the Settings on the S3, but sounds like it could be a Setting somewhere...or an app causing the lack of refresh. The good news is that this is a Samsung oriented Forum so someone should have some good info for you.

OP
J

Joserichi

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
I even did a factory reset, and the issue continued, so I don't know what could be.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I even did a factory reset, and the issue continued, so I don't know what could be.
I'm not saying you need to do another Factory Reset (FDR) but if you didn't he FDR with the Backup My Data (or similar named option) selected prior to the rest then the phone will just start automatically re-downloading the same apps and Settings again. Sometimes that puts the issue right back into the phone and we don't realize it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
seems to be a common problem. just did a search and could not find any solutions, just a lot of users asking for help about it. one thing, since it is on the notification bar, that usually involves the cell tower.

when you are traveling out of town, do you have the same time issue?

OP
J

Joserichi

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
What do you mean by traveling out of town? How can something like that affect the phone? o.o
Well, "luckily" I'm going to travel the day after tomorrow, so if no other cause is found, I can check it.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
What do you mean by traveling out of town? How can something like that affect the phone? o.o
Well, "luckily" I'm going to travel the day after tomorrow, so if no other cause is found, I can check it.

using different cell towers. I guess I should have explained a bit better. a different tower may sync faster so it could show that there is no problems just an inconvenience.

another possibility, your time is sync through the towers you also got to consider your phone is not constantly syncing or your battery will never last. so while the phone is not being used, it don't sync until you wake it up. then it may take a few seconds.

Last edited: