alarm misbehaving

Rogerdodger

Reaction score
Hi all -----------

I use my Droid alarm function every day .... All has been working fine ...
Then Friday morning no alarm . When I woke up I looked at my phone to see the time . The alarm time was on the phone ( 7:45 AM ) ( I woke up about 8 AM . Odd. I checked settings and all looked ok ... Then I thought, doesn't the alarm time disappear after it goes off ? Unless you choose to use the "every day " slot and have every day marked off ?
Set alarm in evening for next morning . Alarm went off fine .
Did same routine in evening. Next morning ALARM DID NOT GO OFF. but alarm time showed up on face of phone .
When I set the alarm ( s ) I choose to use the extra slots just below the " every day " slot and I set 2 alarms about 10 minutes apart .

* note when the alarm time showed up on face of phone it was the first alarm setting that appeared ( I woke up sometime after the 2nd alarm time ) .
I can't believe I slept through 2 alarms ... and the alarm sound I use is pretty loud . ( I also checked to see if the alarm went back to default alarm which is wimpy and you can sleep through that one ) .

What do you think ? Am I missing something on setting the alarm, or is there some glitch in the alarm? ---------- Maybe gremlins . ( only kidding ) .
Oh yes, almost forgot -- I also have the alarm set to go off even if the phone is in silent mode.
Thanks in advance for the help, I may be gone when you reply .... Always enjoy the forums. Very informative.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Possible 2.1 bug. Phone enters deep sleep and won't sound notifications. People suggest using load monitor from the market.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're welcome. I heard about it on this forum and haven't even tried it myself. Someone else has suggested doing a factory reset.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Either that or you have a task killer or another app that's interfering with the alarm. A factory reset should fix it for you. Have you added any new apps lately?

OP
R

Rogerdodger

Reaction score
Yes, Anne ----- As a matter of fact I did add a NASA app the other day( planet pictures, etc ). Maybe that messed it up ......... And I do run app killer . Haven't had any problems with app killer at all . I don't run a lot of stuff but I heard it was useful . Maybe I'll give it a couple of days to see what the alarm does, and if it messes up soon I'll have the phone checked out ?
Thanks Anne --- Rogerdodger

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes, Anne ----- As a matter of fact I did add a NASA app the other day( planet pictures, etc ). Maybe that messed it up ......... And I do run app killer . Haven't had any problems with app killer at all . I don't run a lot of stuff but I heard it was useful . Maybe I'll give it a couple of days to see what the alarm does, and if it messes up soon I'll have the phone checked out ?
Thanks Anne --- Rogerdodger

That's what I'd do. I'd remove the two questionable apps and let it run a couple of days without either on and see if there's any difference. Then when things are back to normal, add only one app back on by itself for a couple of days and see if the alarm is still OK. At that point you could add the second one back on and see if the issue returns. If it does, your best bet is a factory reset Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset.

OP
R

Rogerdodger

Reaction score
Hey anne ----------- I thought you were gone . The only questionable app would probably be the NASA app . App killer was pre- loaded on the phone when I bought it new ( about 2 mo ago ) . Added a few apps over that time and didn't seem to have a problem ( except in maybe unsetting some alarm function in the learning process ) .
Anyway --------------- Thanks, and I'll see how it goes.
Gotta get some shuteye , or Ill be tired tomorrow .
Rogerdodger

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
When did they start preloading App killer?????

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey anne ----------- I thought you were gone . The only questionable app would probably be the NASA app . App killer was pre- loaded on the phone when I bought it new ( about 2 mo ago ) . Added a few apps over that time and didn't seem to have a problem ( except in maybe unsetting some alarm function in the learning process ) .
Rogerdodger

I never leave this place. :rofl3: Jason's right there is no stock task killer and never has been. (However, a friendly VZW employee may have downloaded it thinking they're doing you a favor, but they cause lots of issues especially when they're used all day everyday. Now go get rid of both those apps and see if that alarm works any better in the morning...

OP
R

Rogerdodger

Reaction score
Hi Jstafford 1 ----------

Just got your reply ------ I may have got my facts mixed up on the app killer and thinking of some other app . That may have been the case . Come to think of it the salesperson showing me the phone may have suggested the app killer . I forget .

Sorry for the confusion ---------- Rogerdodger

OP
R

Rogerdodger

Reaction score
Rogerdodger

I never leave this place. :rofl3: Jason's right there is no stock task killer and never has been. (However, a friendly VZW employee may have downloaded it thinking they're doing you a favor, but they cause lots of issues especially when they're used all day everyday. Now go get rid of both those apps and see if that alarm works any better in the morning...
HI ANNE - ET ALL ------------------

wHY am I still up ---------- I'm supposed to be in bed ...........
I'll take care of this tomorrow ...............
Maybe sleep in -------------

THANK YOU ALL ---------- YOU'RE THE BEST ! :)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I ask myself that all the time....then I remember I work night shift :(

OP
R

Rogerdodger

Reaction score
Hey Jstafford1 -------- Lucky you ! ----------- :mad:

Anyway ------ All I did last night was to power down the phone for say 30 sec and then turn it back on ............ Checked to see if alarm was set ......... NO PROBLEMO AT ALL --------- Phone alarm went off in the morning as if it had never had a problem the other day ------------ go figure .

As far as all of yours --------- and Anne's ----- was there one other comment ? / suggestion -- WOULD YOU SAY the best plan would be to get rid of TASK KILLER and maybe that NASA app ?
I hear various things about apps messing up the phone -- or that it is a glitch or ? --- I'M PUZZLED . What about that task killer ? ---

Does it cause more problems than it helps ? Thanks for your comments in advance --- :)

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't need an automated task killer. There is 1 built into android that frees up resources as needed