Note wont charge, new phone help, please.

Goofy Yno

Reaction score
My Note 3 wont charge anymore, time for new phone. I am very happy with my samsung. I like it more then the Bionic I had previously, but did like my original droid.

It is hard not to want the latest and greatest when researching, but then I remember I don’t use much on the phones. I never use the stylist. I don’t root, or need extra memory. I mostly e-mail, text, google and play a few simple games. I like the large screen, and have very large hands, so I actually have my note in a “wallet’ with credit cards and such and have no problem holding and using it. (so as fun as the edge on the new galaxy is probably not useful.)

I love connecting different songs to each e-mail and phone contact so I know who it is by sound.

I was going to get the Note 5, but though don’t use the stylist or extra software, why not switch. maybe Nexus 6P? Suggestions?

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I just got a Nexus 6p. my Previous phone was a Note II, pretty much didn't use the stylus either.

I'm very happy with the Nexus.

About the Note 3 not charging, have you tried a different usb cable ?

My Samsung cable went bad about a month ago (it was almost 3 years old) switched cables after it wouldn't charge my left-over Droid X either and Viola !

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Switched to the 6P from the Note 4 & loving it.

I don't miss the pen. Once I got used to using a big phone one handed, I almost never took it out.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

patricknmoreno1

Reaction score
Swap out the battery to see if it'll charge with a working battery (if you take it to a service shop, often they'll test it for you using the same procedure).

I have Note 4 and it's, by far, the best phone out. If people don't use the stylus, or other utilities, it's usually because they think it's too much work. The fact is they don't take the time to learn it. For example, if you deploy the stylus while on a call, it will open an SNOTE and whatever you write, record, attach, etc during that call, the phone call record will show normal call duration, etc. But this goes a step further. ..it shows the colored "sticky" SNOTE adjacent to the call information. Not to mention the Snapdragon Octacore processor. It's not what you do on the phone that you notice...so, when folks say they don't need speed, what you really mean is that speed has never been a problem with the Note 3....they are amazing phones.

Oh, and I prefer the 4 over the 5 because the 4 has IR built in. That's a great feature to have!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Swap out the battery to see if it'll charge with a working battery (if you take it to a service shop, often they'll test it for you using the same procedure).

I have Note 4 and it's, by far, the best phone out. If people don't use the stylus, or other utilities, it's usually because they think it's too much work. The fact is they don't take the time to learn it. For example, if you deploy the stylus while on a call, it will open an SNOTE and whatever you write, record, attach, etc during that call, the phone call record will show normal call duration, etc. But this goes a step further. ..it shows the colored "sticky" SNOTE adjacent to the call information. Not to mention the Snapdragon Octacore processor. It's not what you do on the phone that you notice...so, when folks say they don't need speed, what you really mean is that speed has never been a problem with the Note 3....they are amazing phones.

Oh, and I prefer the 4 over the 5 because the 4 has IR built in. That's a great feature to have!

I disagree with your statements about the pen.

I used mine like crazy when I first got it. I utilized it for all sorts of things. However, like I said before, I got so used to using the device one handed, it seemed counterintuitive to pull out the pen and not have a hand free to do other things. It's still a handy tool, but it's not for everybody. There are lots of features on any phone that some people use while others don't find them useful at all. That doesn't mean someone is lazy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

patricknmoreno1

Reaction score
Ok. It didn't fit your needs...but again, the phone is top notch...it's essentially a computer when utilized with SPen. I'm not sure when you got it but the bugs are out and it's smooth. The downside is the At&t locked this model bootloader so I can't root it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I pre-ordered it as soon as it was announced. It's a great device, but my new 6P is smoother & fits my personal preferences better. My wife is now trying it out to see if she likes it.

And all of these phones could be considered computers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

OP
Goofy Yno

Goofy Yno

Reaction score
I agree with Jonny, I sed tit at first, and still do to "show off" the phone to others, but for the things I use the phone for, I do not take it out.
That being said, I think the note series are great phones, and am seriously considering getting it. Then again, if the Nexus 6P can do what I need, why not try it?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I just got a Nexus 6p. my Previous phone was a Note II, pretty much didn't use the stylus either.

I'm very happy with the Nexus.
I didn't realize you went from a Note 2 to the Nexus 6P, that's a huge jump. No wonder you're so stoked with this device. That's awesome!

S5 tap'n

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I didn't realize you went from a Note 2 to the Nexus 6P, that's a huge jump. No wonder you're so stoked with this device. That's awesome!

S5 tap'n
Thanks, Really loved the Note II - Been the absolute best Android device I've had to date. Was gonna get a Note 4 last year, but without a way to unlock the bootloader & the fact that the developer edition wasn't seeing much in the way of development I decided to get a new Motorcycle instead :eek:

The 6P has a lot to live up to !

Got a feeling it's up to the task! :)

OP
Goofy Yno

Goofy Yno

Reaction score
I was going to get the N6P, but I need a phone now, and am afraid I will be the one to run into issues. (I would have probably tried if my old phone had a nano sim card instead of a micro), My Note 5 is on it's way from Verizon. should be up and running tomorrow. I loved the Note 3, so can only anticipate more joy.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Congrats on the new device! I cut my sim down from my Note 4 to put in my 6P. I'm betting you love the Note 5 though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get any free goodies that you can. I think the free wireless charger is still available for activating Samsung Pay, and you get a $50 gift card or some such for your first purchases. There are some other freebies too, but only if you buy it directly from Samsung at full retail.