Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Does the 6 or 6p have any features like the moto touchless? I love that it tells me I have a call and who it is while driving. Then asks if I want to answer. Same with texts. I would leave Moto but hate to lose the Touchless, Active features. Are there 3rd party equivalent apps? I just want/need a large screen. Mature eyes suck.
There are several third party apps for driving. They've all got different features, but I know there are some that will at least tell you who's calling or texting.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but I don't personally use one. I just know they're out there.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I've been using ultimate car dock. It will speak and even read messages to you. I got the paid version for $5.00. Well worth it

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Like @Sydman, I had them both. First the screen and camera is better on the note 5. I did not realize how fast the note 5 took pictures until I started taking them on my Nexus 6p.

At the end of the day the note 5 is the phone for those that want all the bells and whistles. Those who want pure speed, swift updates, and software controlled by Google with no carrier interference then get a Nexus. Basically if you do not understand what that is then you might not mind a note. If you do and you hate having to wait on carriers for your updates then go Nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Where my battery life and performance kept dipping with my note 5, my Nexus keeps getting better. I know this is not isolated as I am noticing the same on my Nexus 6.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

OP
Sydman

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I'm still amazed how smooth this phone is. No lag or shutters anywhere yet. Only issue I have had with the phone is the alarms don't work consistently. I ended up using my Nexus 9 as an alarm clock, so not a real issue.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
had to bump this
Hmmm... I guess in theory yes.

Now if we went through the entire ends and outs I had the priv on the next plan because I had a feeling I was not going to keep it. The note 5 I bought through best buy out right....well technically all but $200 bucks that I put on a bb card (ill pay that off on the 15th).

Ill say this, @Sydman you are right touchwiz look much better especially when using another launcher, ie Im using google now.

OP
Sydman

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
had to bump this

Funny thing is, have been using the Nexus 6P since last March or so. Didn't pull the trigger on the Pixel, and not sure where to go next. 6P still smooth as ever, side-loaded 7.1.2 last night.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Funny thing is, have been using the Nexus 6P since last March or so. Didn't pull the trigger on the Pixel, and not sure where to go next. 6P still smooth as ever, side-loaded 7.1.2 last night.
Yeah we were talking about it. I didn't pull the trigger on the pixel but I have been annoyed by the 6p bugs as of late and Google's lack of urgency to get it fixed (as pointed out by @Mustang).

I look forward to the pixel 2

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk