Note 4 text notfication

Mike8016

Reaction score
I had a note 4 on T-Mobile and switched back to Verizon. Every time I was on the phone and got a text message with the T-Mobile version I would get a noise alerting me that I have a text. The Verizon one though does not do this. Can I enable something to turn it on?

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I had a note 4 on T-Mobile and switched back to Verizon. Every time I was on the phone and got a text message with the T-Mobile version I would get a noise alerting me that I have a text. The Verizon one though does not do this. Can I enable something to turn it on?

Don't quote me on this, but I know many CDMA networks don't like doing two things at once (voice and data, voice and text, etc.). Although, this is just an alert 'noise' if you are getting the text anyways that statement is irrelevant but that is the only difference that could happen between the two carriers. Now, I did some Googling and found this app: SoundAbout - Android Apps on Google Play Supposedly, it allows you to route the phone at your leisure to wherever you want. I haven't played with it myself but give it a shot and report back because...I don't know if there's an internal system setting to change that.

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
Don't quote me on this, but I know many CDMA networks don't like doing two things at once (voice and data, voice and text, etc.). Although, this is just an alert 'noise' if you are getting the text anyways that statement is irrelevant but that is the only difference that could happen between the two carriers. Now, I did some Googling and found this app: SoundAbout - Android Apps on Google Play Supposedly, it allows you to route the phone at your leisure to wherever you want. I haven't played with it myself but give it a shot and report back because...I don't know if there's an internal system setting to change that.
I will give it a try. Thanks for the help

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
You should hear a beep when you are on a phone call without using a third-party app. My Verizon Note 4 does.
My phone is always on vibrate. I'm guessing you have your volume up?