Can you take a used Note 4 from say AT+T or T mobile and bring it to Verizon network?

MarkS1110

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Now that Verizon is asking for full price for a phone I think craigslist used phone market will be hotter.

My question is can you take a used Note 4 from say AT+T or T mobile and bring it to Verizon network? I know AT+T or T mobile are GSM carries but does the Note 4 have a CDMA radio inside already that can be turned on. I am sure a Sprint Note 4 would work too but AT+T or T mobile ones I am not sure of functionality. Thanks for the help.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I could be wrong, but I believe that they specifically made CDMA and GSM versions. As you know, those technologies aren't compatible. I don't think they've got the CDMA radios in the GSM versions or vice versa.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I just talked to a Verizon rep last week about unlocking my old note 2 so that my brother could use it with his carrier. The rep said that for the past few years all Verizon phones can be used with other carriers but only a Verizon phone can be used with Verizon. Now, take into consideration that Verizon reps have been known to be wrong.

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk

Last edited: