Not sure what to do now...help please

lovingmydroid

Reaction score
I was going to install a rom and i never installed it. i hit reboot and it froze oi got to a boot load screen but its blue. ....I had it off. held home and power. the m came on let go of power and held home. an ! came up i let go and hit search and android system recovery came up. Reboot system now...apply sdcard:update.zip ....wipe data/factory reset .....wipe cache partition. im not sure what to do now

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you can't get in to custom recovery you'll prob have to sbf. Check the link in my sig to maderschramm's sbf tutorial for the dx.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
looks like u lost custom recovery. can u still boot the phone up normally?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think he's been stuck in a boot loop and can't boot in to custom recovery. Any tips on booting there while the phone is off?

tatuud

Reaction score
He's got a couple of other threads started on this same issue...it appears he may have formatted just prior to flashing rom, than hit reboot, if its like a computer he erased the operating system so the phone is attempting to boot into nothing since he formatted. I would think his only option is to sbf the correct version...please correct me if im wrong.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya sbf is probably what you're looking for. Like I said check the dx sbf link in my sig

OP
L

lovingmydroid

Reaction score
thanks. im up and running again. that link help big time. so now im rooted again and am going to flash a rom. any suggestions