Not recieving texts from iPhones

Fenragg

Reaction score
I have recently noticed that texts from my friends with iPhones aren't getting through to me. I've googled this and it has apparently been a problem with other people, but I've never had an iPhone (this is my first actual phone) myself which pretty much runs all of those answers down. I never thought about it at the time, but it's been going on for a while now - But I was only confronted with the fact that I'm 'not responding' to peoples texts - Because I'm not receiving them! I can still send texts to my iPhone friends and they receive them. I've tried the basic power on-power off, but that doesn't work. I'm afraid of doing a factory reset, because a) I'm not convinced it will fix the problem, and b) I don't really want to lose all the stuff I have on my phone. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? :|

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Easy, don't be friends with iphone users. I'm sure someone else will be more helpful ;)

Sent from my XT912 running KOA resurrection CM10 jelly bean

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
- Are you using an sms replacement app?
- Are they on a different carrier?
- Are they trying to send you messages via iMessage?
- Did you previously have an iPhone?

OP
F

Fenragg

Reaction score
- No, I'm not using a SMS replacement
- Yes, they're on a different carrier, but I'm not sure what one
- I don't know if they're sending me a message through iMessage. They open my message and reply to it.
- I never had an iPhone before.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I would ask them to check under Settings>Messages and make sure sms is enabled.

This could also be a temporary carrier issue. I know I sometimes have issues with AT&T users.

I would normally say that the worst case scenario is that something is wrong with the phone but since it's only those contacts. I doubt that's the case.

Reaction score
- No, I'm not using a SMS replacement
- Yes, they're on a different carrier, but I'm not sure what one
- I don't know if they're sending me a message through iMessage. They open my message and reply to it.
- I never had an iPhone before.

I am former android user whom has switched to iphone due to countless issues with so many android phones. Little quirks on a constant basis. Regarding your issue, it sounds like your phone has an issue. imessage only works between iphones and will not effect android phones and iphones texting in any way. I can;t imagine it being a carrier issue, either. Again, I have an iphone and text to friends with android phones and on different carriers on a regular basis with no problems.

Good luck!

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I am former android user whom has switched to iphone due to countless issues with so many android phones. Little quirks on a constant basis. Regarding your issue, it sounds like your phone has an issue. imessage only works between iphones and will not effect android phones and iphones texting in any way. I can;t imagine it being a carrier issue, either. Again, I have an iphone and text to friends with android phones and on different carriers on a regular basis with no problems.

Good luck!

Actually carriers have problems all the time. My brothers carrier (a Small one in Wisconsin) has difficulty getting MMS from other carriers. its usually not a problem but it can be. I'm glad your happy with your choice to go to apple, but how is your input helpful in this case? Its not. Maybe I should head over to iPhone forums and every time someone has a problem I'll tell them " if you had Android you wouldn't have this problem" that sounds like fun. I have no problem with someone choosing their iPhone. It'd be a great choice for my wife, she never changes anything on her phone and she doesn't care about tweaking or customization and despite my many offers to make her phone better she doesn't want me to. She just wants it to work. IPhone would be fine. The thing that drives me crazy about iPhone is their fanboys. They act like its their religion and they want to save you by preaching from their soapbox. Anyways, that's my rant

Reaction score
Actually carriers have problems all the time. My brothers carrier (a Small one in Wisconsin) has difficulty getting MMS from other carriers. its usually not a problem but it can be. I'm glad your happy with your choice to go to apple, but how is your input helpful in this case? Its not. Maybe I should head over to iPhone forums and every time someone has a problem I'll tell them " if you had Android you wouldn't have this problem" that sounds like fun. I have no problem with someone choosing their iPhone. It'd be a great choice for my wife, she never changes anything on her phone and she doesn't care about tweaking or customization and despite my many offers to make her phone better she doesn't want me to. She just wants it to work. IPhone would be fine. The thing that drives me crazy about iPhone is their fanboys. They act like its their religion and they want to save you by preaching from their soapbox. Anyways, that's my rant

Well first...YOU do not get to decide what is 'helpful' and what is not. I provided information that I have not had this issue with my iphone since the thread stated problems between and android and IPHONE. Got it?

I went through countless android phones and tried hard for years to stay true to the android platform but android just does not have a stable platform. You know it and I know it. Maybe jelly bean will be the saving grace.

And btw....your jealousy or obsession with iphone fans is a little weird. Maybe you should get one yourself and get over it. Iphones work. Period. Anways, that's MY rant.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I won't continue after this because it won't help this guy. But let me point out that I just said they work. " they work period" yes that's all they do, and that has merit. like I said. and as far as me being obsessed, well I'm not the one trolling other platforms forums telling them its their platforms problem.

Reaction score
I won't continue after this because it won't help this guy. But let me point out that I just said they work. " they work period" yes that's all they do, and that has merit. like I said. and as far as me being obsessed, well I'm not the one trolling other platforms forums telling them its their platforms problem.

Wow you really are a brilliant one! I am not 'trolling' anything. An alert popped on my email regarding this thread since I posted on it a while back. And btw....again, you do not get to decide whom posts where. How about you learn to contribute something helpful.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
This is fun. I'm glad I bought popcorn. Keep it going guys.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
This is fun. I'm glad I bought popcorn. Keep it going guys.

I'm not playing this game anymore. Glad you enjoyed it while it lasted. I'd rather the thread get back to helping to original poster.

Sent from my XT912 running some custom Rom.....I can't keep changing this sig

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm not playing this game anymore. Glad you enjoyed it while it lasted. I'd rather the thread get back to helping to original poster.

Sent from my XT912 running some custom Rom.....I can't keep changing this sig

Thanks. I'm sure this problem of some android phones not receiving texts from iphones is some kind of sabotage by Apple in a further attempt to cripple the android platform. I like your first suggestion about not talking to iphone users...that solves the problem. Obviously, I'm of no help to the OP, sorry.